Search for tools and product advice,

Discuss Adding photographs to a thread / post in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,
Could someone please advise me where I can find the relevant information to allow me to add photographs?
I have tried the search function to no avail. I have also tried linking and attaching, using the icons above the box I am typing this into, without success.

Thanks in advance.
Jon

If you open up a photobucket account you can save your images to it and give the image a url. You can then copy and paste the url. This is what I used to do when I used to have dramas uploading pics to the forum. press reply then go advanced which is at the bottom then the image with an envelope with a paper clip going through it. You can then copy and paste the url in there or upload from the computer.

I've just checked your permissions and there's no reason you shouldn't be able to attach images as long as they're popular file formats such as jpg and gif etc.. There are however file size limits on attachments so you may need to reduce their size before attaching.

As Lee Says you can use an image hosting service and attach from there using the link they give you.

If you want to attach from your PC, assuming you're using a PC or laptop;

1. Click the image button at the top of the reply box.
2. When the small window opens make sure the 'From Computer' tab is highlighted.
3. Click the 'Choose' button.
4. When the browsing window opens highlight the image you want to attach.
5. Click the 'Open' button.
6. Click 'upload files' button.

This image is what I get on Win XP.

Attach Pic.jpg

If you've followed that procedure and not been successful please state exactly what happened or what errors you saw displayed. If you're on a mobile device things may vary.

Last edited:
Hi Marvo,
I followed the procedure exactly as you have outlined; however, when I try to click on the final box "upload" the text inside the box disappears and nothing happens.
Thanks
Jon
How large are the filesizes of the photos you're trying to attach? What browser and operating system are you using?

The files are 1.13MB, taken on a mobile phone. I am using Windows 8 and IE 11. I hope this helps.
Thanks.
Jon
I'd need to go into the forum settings to confirm but I'm pretty sure 1.13Mb is too large. Try opening them in Windows picture manager or whatever it's called in Windows 8 and reduce the size to preferably <500kb. Then try again to attach them.

At the moment after upload successful I go to more options... and click on thumbnail (or full picture), then reply, then once the post is up the edit allows you to move the attachxxxxattach to the right place in the post, long winded and annoying but it works.
Hopefully all will be back to normal soon.

I had trouble earlier, OK on iPhone eventually but it disappeared on iPad - will read from start.

Does tapatalk work anymore? I gave up on it when the forum got easier and sorted.

After lots of pratting about, refreshing the page and dragging and dropping, I've sort of made images work although editing the post to remove duplicate images won't work.

How does uploading pics work with the changed forum software?

It says that upload is successful, but I can't see how to insert uploaded pics into a posting.
As I found to my cost yesterday, kept trying to upload and gave up. Then I found my post, with three of the same pictures :oops:

Once you upload and the upload screen re-appears click lto cancel and there will be a small thumbnail picture at the bottom of your post.
PS I have done the multiple pic thing till I noticed this.

How to upload a picture from your desktop.
Click on upload file

pic1.png

Then click choose file

pic2.png

Then find picture/file on pc click on it then click to add it then click open

pic3.png

A banner will appear then disappear saying upload is successful

pic4.png

click more options and you can choose full image or thumbnail

pic5.png

then your image is uploaded . Multiple images just re-do above steps add your text then post.
Then you have to edit the pics and text I find this bit confusing wonder if its worked out (had to do this twice that silver cross pram was wrong

toys-out-pram.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Trouble is you'd have to knock it down and put it up again. Wanted to go in but the door frame was probably safest part of it - physics and all!

Reply to Adding photographs to a thread / post in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net