Discuss "Advertise in our magazine" in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

axel132132

What are these all about i just got yet another call from some woman saying she wants to put me in her magazine, and ill be the only one in there and it will be posted to like 20,000 houses..

I told her were to go as i never get any magazines through my door wat so ever from Community Support Officers lol!

Are they all a scam and if so how can they legally get away with this bull?

Bizzare!

all scams. £200 + VAT to get an ad. in a magazine nobody reads. save your ££££s. usually, they say they're supporting some children,s charity. yeah, their own bloody sprogs at private schools.

i once got a phone call from a magazine..! i asked for all details which were given, she sent me a price list out along with a fully glossy mag that had been produced and kept to her word, no pressure sales, even got told the council was advertising in it as well.

cost me £185 for 3 months subscription going to 3 areas in durham covering LOADS of houses...

Guess what! it worked....! i go in to many houses now and see the magazine either on the side or on the floor (if void) i probably make back 150% from my investment every three months from customers who tell me they used the magazine to find me..

http://www.topbananadurham.co.uk/index.html

i'll keep an eye open for when and if they do one in this area.

This scam has been going on in different forms for years.

I got stung in 2002.

Mind you they made house calls then and pressure sold.

Reply to "Advertise in our magazine" in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

A friend of the family recently lost her husband to the big C so I need to be careful. Every small thing is sending her into tears so when her...
Replies
Views
I was asked to see why a set of sockets weren’t working in the house (which appear to be a ring circuit based on breakers) There was no power on...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Sort of an interesting one. I had a call from a client to say she is getting a shock when using the shower. I told her not to use it and...
Replies
Views
Knock on clients door 9 am "I m having zoom meetings all morning and the banging is driving me mad (Working i=on other side of wall !) And I am...
Replies
Views
Strange on this, we are wiring an extension at the moment and I would like to 3 way the (currently 2 way) landing switch to the new bedroom so...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock