Discuss Advice: flat below me is being rewired by unqualified electrician. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

Yes - that’s what I meant.
[automerge]1601886639[/automerge]

I had my own flat completely rewired - everything re done. I have the NICEIC paperwork for everything signed off.
[automerge]1601886904[/automerge]

Well I would think that the opinion of Building Control is the one that counts. Is ‘unsafe’ a matter of opinion? Surely if something isn’t done correctly - not earthed say - then that is a fact - not opinion?

And has it not been done correctly?

How do you know it isn't right?

Let's put it in other terms, i have seen your car, and the way you are dressed, so I think you wouldn't follow the rules of the road correctly.

How do I go reporting you?

No facts, no information, just suspicion that things aren't going to be done properly!

what he says^^^^^. none of yor business.

It is someone’s business if work is not be done correctly.
Freeholder of the building contacted:

No permission to alter asked for.
Freeholder has right to enter and check work.
Freeholder requires electrical condition report.
Uncertified work could negate building’s insurance.
Building Control being contacted by Freeholder.

So are you the freeholder?

If not, then all you can do is report the works to the freeholder and let them deal with it

I stand to be corrected... but... this all sounds like a matter of the leaseholder needs to read his lease agreement rather than a matter of the quality of any electrical works.

At this moment in time there is no evidence to prove it is being or won't be done correctly.

It may not be work that requires notification to the Freeholder.

Only by appointment at the convenience of the Leaseholder

So will the prospective buyer, but untill the work is done there is no certificate of any type

Uncertified work could negate building’s insurance. See above

Who will need some firm evidence before they get involved

so.. you've informed freholder. it's off your bsck now. let him deal with it whatever the outcome.

I dunno, I’d be concerned if I thought someone was doing something dodgy in a flat below.

Generally, your first instincts are the right ones, when you think something is not right. There are some people who have conspiracy theories off the scale, but most people know when something is not what it should be IMO.

Reply to Advice: flat below me is being rewired by unqualified electrician. in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net