Discuss Advise/views sort! Bad supplier!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

P

powervan

Ok will try to be quick
did instal august!(before the madness)
i asked supplier for to work out system and advise on price
said client need black panels? (have email) agreed canadian solar instead of zn shine due to cost!went ahead order placed!
Delivery turned up am not pm as stated! But i was in so no real probs!(this was friday) sat i loaded up van and noticed (der) panels blue! Took one to show client as needed to start on monday but he didnt like colour so he said what else can you get!well they do a panel called znshine i said!by time i got home he had compaired performance and looks !told me go for zn shine but obviously not at extra cost! Monday rang supplier oh dear sorry mix up we dont supply black canadian solar (only blue) ok what about swop for zn shine! Well yes but £1300 more ok also ive noticed you left out the mounting brackets from order (even though they were on picking list) oh ok well we can collect blue panels swop for zn shine at £1300 plus send brackets we should of sent with order but there will be a charge of £80.00 for delivery (we need credit card payment now if you want tomoz) what even though you would have to send brackets cause of your mistake (yes) not happy but 2 men on job with nothing to do! So went for it ! Next day turns up swop panels fit brackets ! Oh dear 6 mounting rails short! Ring them up ok will get them to you next day(another wasted day! Delivery turns up ok get on lads! Oops hold on this not right! Look at drawing ? Count correct picking list ie the amount they said should be required! Didnt tally 4 more required(they had got it wrong ) rang them up next day they arrive! Get job done 3 days longer than allowed!! Ok 2 letters to the boss got a phone call from pa! Oh sorry is there anything we can do ! Boss on hols but will ring you ahen he gets back!!never did!! Accounts lady rang i explained sistuation ie i will pay remainder of account if some one calls me! Got email from sub boss hadnt read letters as he never answered many questions ! I sent one back (not happy) would like phone call! No call ! Today accounts lady rang (can we have payment please) yes you can but not till i speak to some one!!!! Tonight gets legal 7 day notice to pay from there debt collector solicitors???????????????????fuming?????????????????do i pay ???????????or do i go for it?????? With all the grief im getting at mo with getting full kit im ready for fight ( but still only want 1 phone call??

It all revolves around who's mistake it was. I'm no solicitor but, if they said they could supply canadian black and that was the terms of your contract they are in breach of contract and they either have to refund or remedy at their cost (no obligation to remedy but there is an obligation to refund) If you specified the number of rails and brackets and your calculations were wrong, thats your fault. If you specified the correct number of rails and brackets and they sent incorrectly then that their fault, breach of contract and you can claim against them for your reasonable losses (labour, travel etc). If you used their design program and that was wrong they may have somesmall print somewhere that exempts them from liability as it is your responsibility to ensure the details of the design are correct.

Thats my take on it but as I say, I'm no lawyer

Depends on whether you really do want to pick a fight. Personally I don't think it's worth it especially if you aren't going to deal with them again. Protect your credit rating, it's worth far more to you than a phone call to prove a point.

They lose your business and you tell everyone they are rubbish - who loses out in the end???

Thanks lads! Just that im peed off ! Got there design showing full kit!got there email showing black canadian solar! Got there order list they sent for that design! Showing they short supplied there own design! Oh i realy fed up with this solar game! Its all stress (esp at mo) like you say ive had perfect credit raiting 25yrs of business so dont want to loose it!!

you could present your case back to their solicitors and threaten to sue them for breach of contract and detail your reasonable expenses as a result. Going that far wont affect your credit rating and they may back off, it's worked for me a couple of times when I've been dumped on by big companies from a great height (being pushed around by big companies who like to throw their weight around is a bit of a thing of mine!!)
worth a bash and it will buy you some time, which could be handy if like most of us the cash flow is a bit tight at the moment.

Reply to Advise/views sort! Bad supplier!! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net