Discuss After your time is out question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Don't let it get to you, I wonder too after 40 years in the trade. ?
All joking aside though, so soon after your apprenticeship there's still a heck of a lot to learn and with experience comes finding easier and better ways to do things that can seem daunting to begin with.
And with that experience confidence develops and more job satisfaction will come.

We always tend to remember the one job that went wrong rather than the 10 which went to plan.
most errors in my experience came from rushing and not allowing enough time to do the job.
if you allow adequate time, don’t rush and think the job through properly then you will Have a better overall experience in the trade...

We always tend to remember the one job that went wrong rather than the 10 which went to plan.
most errors in my experience came from rushing and not allowing enough time to do the job.
if you allow adequate time, don’t rush and think the job through properly then you will Have a better overall experience in the trade...
That’s it exactly what I do. Try to rush incase people think I’m slow, don’t take a step back and think things through which then sometimes results in a mistake because I’ve not thought ahead

Estimating the time a job will take is always difficult, but with experience you go from the "half hour if no problems" estimate that stresses you to the "allow 2 hours, maybe get off early if all OK" one that is more realistic!

Did any of you maybe a year or so after passing ever wonder if the trade is for you? I.e. after maybe going to jobs on your own and maybe making a few errors or having a few bad days
You will find the first few years after you qualify will be when you really learn your trade because you are now expected to put into practice what you have learned without that support of the experienced electrician coaching you on site.
With the availability of communications these days it can be a lot easier for today's recently qualified electricians than it was 30 - 40 years ago when you were very much on your own, but while the availability of easy communication can be a benefit it does have it's downside 30 - 40 years ago when you left the office you became difficult to contact so the boss couldn't put the pressure on unlike today were you are only a phone call away and everything now is about meeting targets, if you feel you are getting pressurised some days then maybe you need a flat battery or phone left in the van hour and a brew while finishing the task in hand
Experience comes with time and with that comes the confidence that you need to carry on, and remember you learn even more from your mistakes

Good Luck and don't give up

I had a similar saying to a customer I did a lot of work for many years ago around the UK and out into Europe occasionally I always said "I am only as good as my last install and out of a 1000 installs I do for you 999 will never be remembered but it is the 1 that goes wrong that will be", one job did go wrong spectacularly and they didn't dump me so I must have been doing something right

Reply to After your time is out question in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net