Discuss Am I On Another Planet Or Something? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Cant do right for doing wrong.

you need some false ID to say you are either the hotel trade association inspector or very high up in the fire service.

I expect hotels have to be licensed with the local council, and fire detection will be part of their conditions of license.

I despise places that put avoiding repairs above guest safety. I thought that kind of stuff only happens in run down Spanish resorts where the odd drunk takes a dive off a balcony, or the swimming pool water has floaters.

I said I wouldn't say another word about it because I had posted my concerns on a major UK electrician forums where they're are the most intelligent sort of people you could ever wish to meet.
Was completely with you until this point ?

Shocking how lax some places can be on fire safety though - and you did the right thing by raising it, albeit you clearly didn't need the hassle...

Moral duty . Nothing harsh about the deaths of people etc and knowing you might have been able to have done something . THings like have driven people to suicide
Looks like mentioning this forum post has done the trick:
When I wake up this morning their is some bloke on a step ladder fiddling with the alarm. I tried to play the part where I was just some guest and said, 'morning mate, nice weather outside again, what's up with that'?

He replied, 'some ---- has disconnected the smoke alarms'
Fair play to him for getting most likely causing a panic backstage and something is getting done about it.

Reply to Am I On Another Planet Or Something? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net