Discuss Anyone come across a wall filled with sand? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Never seen sand but have seen hay a few years ago.

And just the other week found egg boxes throughout the stud walls on a renovation. 28p for 6 large eggs!
I think that you are referring to paramount walls. You saying about egg boxes in the music classrooms at my Upper school they had like cardboard large egg box trays stuck to the walls.

No I mean actual used egg boxes! Will try and get a picture on next visit.

I have spent a lot of time reading newspapers pulled out of lathe walls and also lining floorboards under the underlay of old floors.
The most interesting one was in and old hall were American and British troops were billeted in the servants quarters in what was in effect an attic , but it was like a terraced row.
There were all sorts , even letters from families, beer bottles, American newspapers and film magazines . That was just the tip of the iceberg.
I think we were the first to be in there since the war .
It was quite a humbling experience to be honest .
We did what we had to and left it as it was.
. We did not charge him for that day.

20180430_112514.jpg
I think that you are referring to paramount walls. You saying about egg boxes in the music classrooms at my Upper school they had like cardboard large egg box trays stuck to the walls.

No I mean actual used egg boxes! Will try and get a picture on next visit.

As promised!

No point boarding over the egg boxes, the idea is to leave them ecposed to absorb the sound and stop echos asnin an anechoic chamber. Sand in walls is to make them sound proof. Once worked in a mansion, floors were 10 x 1.25 boards wth steel tongues, had a false floor under, top 3 inches filled with sand.

Reply to Anyone come across a wall filled with sand? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net