Currently reading:
Anyone come across a wall filled with sand?

Discuss Anyone come across a wall filled with sand? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I think we are all waiting for the day when we go to cut out a socket in a wall and we find a stash of money hidden away.
Best things I have come across have been a box full of ww2 surplus stuff inclusive of grenades! posted about that before.
most awkward has to have been the teenager who when lifting up loose floor boards to conceal his stuff damaged a cable,causing loss of sockets on the upstairs radial. called out by the mum to investigate and whilst she is stood there looking we come face to face with a pile of ---- mags! only thing is they were gay ---- mags and gaytimes. she had no idea her son was gay and gather she was going to have a chat with him! that would have been awkward.
The creepiest was when called to a house to find out why sockets had stopped working upstairs.and one of the double sockets was a bug, it had a sim card in so it could be listened in on remotely. turns out the ladies now ex husband had installed it but when putting it back on wall, the live had come loose stopping subsequent sockets on the radial from working. He got community service for that and it did him no favours with the divorce and custody case either.
There are some right weird people out in the countryside around my way!

Best things I have come across have been a box full of ww2 surplus stuff inclusive of grenades! posted about that before.
most awkward has to have been the teenager who when lifting up loose floor boards to conceal his stuff damaged a cable,causing loss of sockets on the upstairs radial. called out by the mum to investigate and whilst she is stood there looking we come face to face with a pile of ---- mags! only thing is they were gay ---- mags and gaytimes. she had no idea her son was gay and gather she was going to have a chat with him! that would have been awkward.
The creepiest was when called to a house to find out why sockets had stopped working upstairs.and one of the double sockets was a bug, it had a sim card in so it could be listened in on remotely. turns out the ladies now ex husband had installed it but when putting it back on wall, the live had come loose stopping subsequent sockets on the radial from working. He got community service for that and it did him no favours with the divorce and custody case either.
There are some right weird people out in the countryside around my way!
Make a note "don't do work for people in Somerset".

I've seen a spec from an architect that required an internal cavity wall to be sand filled to increase its thermal mass. The wall ran full height of the 3 storey building and was basically an inner skin to the external wall. The cavity between it and the external wall along with the heat retention was designed to create a large amount of natural ventilation.

This was in a fairly new building though that was designed to have high energy efficiency.

Reply to Anyone come across a wall filled with sand? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock