Discuss Are you sure its 43.3p? DECC say otherwise in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Although I agree that it is partly a stalling tactic to minimise installs pre March 3rd, I also think that DECC are desperate to ultimately try and win the case as otherwise they will be crucified by class actions...from installers and consumers alike. Just hope the settlements don't come out of the FiT budget!

i saw in the paper the Dragons den lot,forgot the company are advertising 43p, is it ploughcroft.?, paper was the mail (dad's not mine lol)

Yeah, Ploughcroft. One of their salesmen told me about the advert in the Daily Mail.
I know nothing is concrete but realistically can you see the tariff ending up at anything other than 43.3p currently when the dust finally settles?

Lots of adverts are promoting 43.3p.

We've had a lot more interest over the last few days but we've been telling everyone that it is 21p - and 43.3p if we're lucky.

It's a gamble and customers have to assume that 21p is the rate and consider if they think this is value for money.

The law is the law, and the rate is 43.3p until it can be legally changed.
That date being the 3rd March 2012, unless the Government can

a) Be granted leave to appeal by the Supreme court, for which they will have to deliver legal foundations for consideration on the rullings made from the Appeal court.

b) On hearing have landmark judgement made in their favour that they are granted the legal powers to legislate retrospectively.

The odds on that are?????

Do we have this in writing anywere? from DECC? or REA? Because this thread is going backwards and forwards from one post to another so much i dont know what to believe.

Yes, read the Appeal court judges published findings, it's there in black and white.
DECC can only issue guidence which is only founded if judgement is eventually overturned in there favour. To enforce that guidence retrospectively would be an illegal act as things stand.

Mind you Huhme is already in hot water on his driving licence/points!

The Supreme Court is the final court of appeal in the UK for civil cases, it only hears cases on ARGUABLE points of law.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be very difficult for someone (DECC or otherwise) to stop you selling at 43p, since that *is* the FIT as regards the current statute books, and 4 high court judges have ruled that it cannot be changed retrospectively.

If the supreme court ruled in DECC's favour, under the circumstances, it would be difficult to make a case of miss-selling stick to anyone selling at 43p, particularly if you make the customer aware of the ongoing court case and its ramifications.

However, more important than legal considerations, should be reputation. If you sell at 43p, and DECC wins, you will have a lot of disgruntled customers who will blame you, and that isn't good for sales or referrals. If you sell at 21p then whether DECC wins or loses you will have happy (or even happier) customers who are likely to give referrals for new customers. So which is more valuable - quick sales or long term reputation?

Talking to 2 wholesalers this afternoon they are saying they are pretty quiet, last week's rush resulted in cancellations at the end of the week. We're not any busier than this time last week - is anyone else???

That's absolute madness, it takes nearly twice as long to install on slate and the lead and replacement slates can cost £150 without too much trouble. Of course if you're going to drill through and use hanger bolts then it's a piece of cake and no extra costs ;-)

she been quoted on a premium product called "click fit" that is more expensive and better than other systems as its not invasive, i tried to educate but as normal i looked like the one talking crap.

Reply to Are you sure its 43.3p? DECC say otherwise in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net