Discuss armeg beaver set on offer in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
screwfix has a 4 piece armeg beaver set for £24 today

1ec5e31ce82e5e547d46661565fd0428.jpg

The only issue with these are they are 4 fluted and most battery drills will struggle unless you have the top of the range heavy duty drills, I've had many issues with Armeg drill bits in the past from spade bits twisting even in soft wood to bits snapping, in reflection I have no issues with other recognised brands which are also cheaper to boot too.

The only issue with these are they are 4 fluted and most battery drills will struggle unless you have the top of the range heavy duty drills, I've had many issues with Armeg drill bits in the past from spade bits twisting even in soft wood to bits snapping, in reflection I have no issues with other recognised brands which are also cheaper to boot too.
never had an issue with this type but then i tend to buy heavy duty cordless drills

I use a bosch top end 36v battery drill and even that drops off on torque slip a lot trying to drill standard joists ... I have similar other brand 3 fluted auger bits that sail through the same joist... I got the armeg bits for free when I collared the rep' handing him a handfull of twisted spade bits and snapped masonary bits all at teh same point where drill shaft meets SDS base, on the former he said my drill is too strong or the material I'm drilling is to tough... I explained they were drilling standard house joists with a battery drill with torque slip that found no issue when I used a different brand... he hands me the box of auger bits as compensation and tbh still not fully impressed.

I now avoid all armeg gear regardless because of the bad experiences I've had with them.

I use a bosch top end 36v battery drill and even that drops off on torque slip a lot trying to drill standard joists ... I have similar other brand 3 fluted auger bits that sail through the same joist... I got the armeg bits for free when I collared the rep' handing him a handfull of twisted spade bits and snapped masonary bits all at teh same point where drill shaft meets SDS base, on the former he said my drill is too strong or the material I'm drilling is to tough... I explained they were drilling standard house joists with a battery drill with torque slip that found no issue when I used a different brand... he hands me the box of auger bits as compensation and tbh still not fully impressed.

I now avoid all armeg gear regardless because of the bad experiences I've had with them.
your using an sds drill? a normal combi or impact driver works better.

have you tried titan there auger bits are good

an sds just cant drill joists very well at all, i put my drill in first gear and it doesnt stop

Last edited:
your using an sds drill? a normal combi or impact driver works better.

have you tried titan there auger bits are good

an sds just cant drill joists very well at all, i put my drill in first gear and it doesnt stop

Errrm! I was relating to other drill bits for other jobs not to drill wooden joists although when in a tight spot needs must I have done it in the past to get me out of a sticky situe ... but SDS masonary bit is not my drill of choice for a joist :uhoh2: I assume you were been facetious :tongue:

Errrm! I was relating to other drill bits for other jobs not to drill wooden joists although when in a tight spot needs must I have done it in the past to get me out of a sticky situe ... but SDS masonary bit is not my drill of choice for a joist :uhoh2: I assume you were been facetious :tongue:
yes, sorry i misunderstood

have you tried reisser quad tipped sds bits? there very good im looking for a quad tipped 22mm bit if anyone knows of a cheap quad tip bit

I'm well converse in all types of drilling be it brick or stainless steel and the bit of choice best suited to the material also I know poor quality when I see it, this is my experience and thus my opinion based on it.

@Shank .... I use good quality bits, I'm not trying to source any I was just commenting to the OP :)

Highly recommend Irwin Blue Groove (the ones with the small blue band round them not the ones with the blue flute). Will fly through anything!

I got red white ones from cef , either armeg or ck last Saturday and were excellent , your lucky to get a house out of them on a battery drill I say

I have used the Armeg nail proof bits,after rep at a show challenged me to wreck one,through a piece of 100mm SW,with a dozen nails and screws crossing the bits path... the trick is to use an impact driver...

I also use some old Bahco auger bits,which fly through,with a decent drill,can be sharpened easily by use of a knife file...obviously not ferrous proof...

Reply to armeg beaver set on offer in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net