Discuss Bathroom Lighting and awkward customer in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

AA410

Hi all advice please just wired up a bathroom this week removed x 2 wall lights light fittings are of age old brass open lamp fittings. Light fittings are to go in the same place . The new installation consists of x 2 wall lights 1x fan and x2 3watt led lights recessed in a shelf at one end of the bath the customer tell me that the old wall lights are to go back that what his wife wants the trouble is one of the wall lights will be in zone 1 when i tried to explain to him about the fitting is not fit for the zone he tells me not to bother leave the fittings he will fit them himself my question is can i sign the bathroom of and right this on the certificate best advice please many thanks

2 points:

1. Do your cert & invoice for the work you have done and leave the old lights for the client.

2. Are you certain that they are in Zone 1?

Thanks for the reply Murdoch the new bathroom layout has a free standing bathtub the room is just over 2m wide and the tub is down the end the light is less the 2.25 meters froom the floor over looking the tub

As murdoch says just do cert and invoice , state on cert that you removed the old fittings stating they were unsuitable for location and left with customer.Cant stop him putting back up it is his house.

Is everything you have done to the regs and part p if so just state what you have donevon cert anf invoice, stating you have removed the old unsuitable fittings and replaced with new fittings suitable for location , take a picture if you are so concerned. If the customer puts them back up nothing to do with youbhe can sit in bath with a toaster if he wants.

We are constrained by our knowledge of why they should not be fitted
We are also constrained because we work to regulations

The customer is constrained only by his own stupidity

We cant restrain or restrict that customer from using that stupidity to modify what we install when the job is finished
Do the job and get your money,your responsibility ends there

I don't about yourselves but i have fair amount of grief for being part p people i work with think its a joke as well as the customers still its Friday 2 days of decorating at home thank for all your reply's

Hi all advice please just wired up a bathroom this week removed x 2 wall lights light fittings are of age old brass open lamp fittings. Light fittings are to go in the same place . The new installation consists of x 2 wall lights 1x fan and x2 3watt led lights recessed in a shelf at one end of the bath the customer tell me that the old wall lights are to go back that what his wife wants the trouble is one of the wall lights will be in zone 1 when i tried to explain to him about the fitting is not fit for the zone he tells me not to bother leave the fittings he will fit them himself my question is can i sign the bathroom of and right this on the certificate best advice please many thanks

Amazing how many stupid people are about! Pay someone to do a job they can't do then argue / disregard professional advice !

Do it properly, note in specific detail re this on cert & smartphone photo.

Reply to Bathroom Lighting and awkward customer in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net