Discuss Bedroom Switch Position in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

Energy saving lambs save energy by lying about all day watching Jeremy Kyle on tv instead of gamboling around the meadow.

They are often to be found in Scouseland and parts thereabouts.

There have been reports of them being found in Sunderland too.

Energy saving lambs save energy by lying about all day watching Jeremy Kyle on tv instead of gamboling around the meadow.

They are often to be found in Scouseland and parts thereabouts.

There have been reports of them being found in Sunderland too.

only ones you'll find in scouseland are already chops.

Thanks for the replies guys. The job is completed and these wardrobes are an after thought. The switch is a 3 gang switching a line of down lights and 2 pair of wall lights (3 pull cords a bit much). Trust me if I knew these wardrobes were going in this position the switch would've been somewhere else. I did give the option of trunking inside the wardrobe and putting the switch just inside the bedroom door on the face of the panelling but customer doesn't want these new wardrobes touched. Just never fitted a switch outside a bedroom and was unsure if there was a reg not allowing this. Outside the room it is. Thanks again for your replies.

I would go for a pull cord from the roof too, rather than using if outside, if it as a door and it's closed u are cut off from it and if kids are in the house you know they will turn it off when someone Is inside!! Never actually seen a bedroom switch on the outside, only a bathroom switch on the outside!

I would go for a pull cord from the roof too, rather than using if outside, if it as a door and it's closed u are cut off from it and if kids are in the house you know they will turn it off when someone Is inside!! Never actually seen a bedroom switch on the outside, only a bathroom switch on the outside!

I don't think it would be practical to fit the pullcord on the roof, the cord would have to enter the room through the window, and when the window is closed it wouldn't operate at all.

Could you have a pull cord for, say, the downlighters, then the other switches elsewhere? Then you could switch the lights on when you enter the room like normal people do, and turn the other lights on as and when you want them.

I'd be tempted to ask the customer where they think the light switch should be. Maybe it should be downstairs next to the CU, then it's not in the way at all.

Why not cut a hole in the door, so when your in the bedroom naked, you can put your hand through the hole and turn the light on with a sort of stroking motion.

Or better still, employ a buttler to stand outside during the hours of darkness, then shout 'on' when you want the light to come on and "off' when you want them off and 'stop' when your tired or you've got a headache....

use a multicutter, make some channel in wooden door frame and fit an architrave switch in. or make it two way with another switch near the bed. charge customer for couple of extra hours.

edited: 2way switching controlling feed to the lot (all them lights) plus one 3 way somewhere in the room to control which ones are on which off...

Hey you like that, try this one.... probably see me on dragons den with this little beauty in the new year.......instead of mobile phones, contracts and all the bad signal problems here's the "Pigeon Harness V6" - Just strap the harness to your shoulder, attract some pigeons by whistleing and waving bread around and hey presto, youve got a harness full of carrier pigeons ready to deliver, free of charge, any message anywhere....£30 plus VAT, bargin.

What!!!!! my R&D team have spent at least 2 hours developing the V6, but your right some form of composting may be necessary, oh well...

hey what about the "contractor 600' basically its a fold up bed with cup holders and allows a contractor or sub contractor to gain valuable sleep while on the job - without being noticed.......its camoflaged to BS7682 and will blend in with most wall colours and comes free with a fake body double to put on ya steps and a tape recording of frequently used work noises like "bang' "ouch" and 'nooooooo please, is there a god' to play while the contractor sleeps, therefore tricking the custumer into thinking your actuall hard at work. £49 .50 all in

hey what about the "contractor 600' basically its a fold up bed with cup holders and allows a contractor or sub contractor to gain valuable sleep while on the job

Too late buddy, contractors are already sleeping so they aint gonna pay an hrs rate for a 'fad' they dont have any need for!

Reply to Bedroom Switch Position in the Industrial Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net