Discuss Bit of a mystery to me, any ideas? Fault on three phase Merlin Gerin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Anyway, sent pics today and spoke to Schneider tech. They are as stumped as me/us? But even so they are willing to take a look. When I put the new Hager Invicta board in I will send the actual bus bar chamber to them. But the tech guy said it is impossible, never heard of it there is nothing could go wrong and the first time he has ever heard of this, me too. Bit of a mystery then, maybe we will never know.

Hi - sorry to hear of your troubles V !
I had a look at the pics and my 20p is something was vaporised in there, I can almost see it’s shadow, ha ha.

7F9F391B-3A3B-47C9-A3EF-F8F219626931.jpeg

Pretty certain there was something in there that shouldn't have been there. Whether debris from installation that happened to move, or something that walked in there by itself. Probably something non-metallic if there's no localised splash anywhere on the bars. Unlikely to be surge-related on a submain, if nothing else in the installation is even slightly damaged.
Once had a 3ph board supply shorted by a slug. Holding onto a live bar connection and stretching out to reach the DB casing... we deduced.... it was splattered all over.

Reply to Bit of a mystery to me, any ideas? Fault on three phase Merlin Gerin in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

What are people fitting in the 3 phase range just lately, I've had a scan at various makes and it seems to be a ---- up between Hager and Wylex at...
Replies
Views
A silly fault in a circuit only 4m long is currently eluding me! This is ECIR remedials of a landlords supply in a block of flats. Circuit 2 =...
Replies
Views
Hi all, new to this thread and just looking for some views. I have today attended a industrial unit which is being converted into small...
Replies
Views
I just finished a garden room supply. The customer already had a CPN garage consumer unit that the last sparks left there, brand new in box, and...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I want to repurpose an old cable that was previously used to power a 3-phase machine. The cable is 4L1.5 micc, and I don't want to...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock