Discuss Blowing her trumpet ............ in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net

So lots of people were up in arms about the changes to the grading system for maths and english GCSE's and the lack of past papers to "practice" on.

Graded 1 to 9 (being the highest)

My daughter got a 9 through hard work in her maths................

and 10 more good results

We are so pleased for her ...............:):):):):):):):):):):):):):)
You must be chuffed Mate, tell her well done from me.:smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile::smile:

I understand that the grading system just got harder as existing grades were not satisfactory for employers and the real world. As well as that it just happens to be a fact that females at school tend not to do so well in maths, a lot to do with the attitude at home I understand. So in fact this was no mean achievement, a credit to you and her hard work. It is so nice to see children engaging and getting on with work. Sound like she will go far.

Thanks all .... me thinks the next 2 years at 6th Form College are going to be tough as she wants to do A levels in maths, further maths, physics and chemistry!

Thanks all .... me thinks the next 2 years at 6th Form College are going to be tough as she wants to do A levels in maths, further maths, physics and chemistry!
give her all the encouragement you can. that's a formiddable list, but far better than doing crap subjects like media studies, social "engineering" and other such crap. wish her all the best in her endeavors.

Thats a good list of a levels she is choosing. I am good friends with one of the HR team at Airbus in Bristol and they would rather have 1 kid who has attempted theses proper subjects and got say a C grade at A level than 100 kids with mickey mouse social subjects and straight A's as they see it as a willingness to stretch yourself and learn. which is more important to the big engineering firms than being able to memorise textbooks, quote phrases and write a good exam paper.
With hard work she can ace them I am sure and with those subjects she has the pick of any decent career or degree course. wishing her luck.

Nah to be a good accountant you need creative writing as I am sure thats what my accountant has a degree in, he comes up with all sorts of creative ideas to reduce my bills to the taxman.
more like creative ideas to boost his annual fees.

Reply to Blowing her trumpet ............ in the Electricians Chat - Off Topic Chat area at ElectriciansForums.net