Search the forum,

Discuss boiler supply taken from cooker circuit in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

damien1

hi guys ive just bein to a flat to quote a price for wiring a electric cooker in
when i got their i found that the boiler supply had been taken off the cooker circuit so i said i couldnt wire the cooker in as it needs to be on its own circuit so ide after remove the boiler supply

anyway the women as just bought the flat but not been given any test certificates to say that wiring is electricaly sound

i thought it was ilegal to sell any property with out the test certificates so is this women gonna be able to complain and get her wiring sorted by who ever she bought the flat from

how am i able to advice this women

thanks for your help

No there is no legislation that requires a property sale to have a PIR. It was always hoped that the HIP's would have made this a necessity but they have now been scrapped. What normally gets done is when a surveyor does his/her report they normally remark on the electrical installation and if there is something they consider wrong, the mortgage company could ask for a PIR to be completed.

Often as not, and espicially in this current market things tend to get overlooked to process a sale.

Last edited:
thanks for your advice

so if i was to remove the supply to the boiler does the boiler after be on its own circuit the consumer unit is a 16 edition with no rcds it seems a bit silly to after change the consumer unit

just for the sake of wiring a cooker in

it is a brand new cooker rated at 9kw so needs its own supply the supply cable is 10mm with a 40amp mcb so im fine with that

would it be perfectly fine to spur off the ring main with a fcu for the boiler

surely though , the cooker needs to be either RCD or RCBO protected. unless the cable is all surface. and if a socket outlet incorporated, definitely RCD.

Cooker is not a socket outlet leass than 32A and not a special location, circuit in excess of 32A so a disconnection time of 5s so RCD is not required. if it was done under the 16th then it wouldnt have needed a RCd for burried cables either.

Absolute madness if u ask me, that why i always RCD them

Cooker is not a socket outlet leass than 32A and not a special location, circuit in excess of 32A so a disconnection time of 5s so RCD is not required. if it was done under the 16th then it wouldnt have needed a RCd for burried cables either.

Absolute madness if u ask me, that why i always RCD them
yes, the circuit is >32A but a socket outlet is 13A . which applies?

seen as your only installing the cooker its a 1 for 1 replacement if existing supply cable is there!!

fuse boiler down and place on 13a fuse spur from ring or cooker circuit!??!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Reply to boiler supply taken from cooker circuit in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back