Discuss Booked 2394&2395 combined course for october in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

D

daveb1

Hi just trying to be as ready as i can be, i have read guidance notes 3 a few time over an will continue to do so until i do the exams, but what else can i do to prepare. Are 2391 past papers the way to go? if so shall i buy them online? oh an i have very little testing experience done the 2392 a few months back. I know its not the same and only level 2 but it was just a warm up for whats to come.

Any help would be great
Thanks Dave

Just taken 2394 and 2395 exams. I bought the Christopher Kitcher book (3rd edition) and found it a great help. Although the 2394/5 exams have been around for about 18 months there arent many new style questions about. Our lecturer told us that the format of questions has changed and are much more wordy. Good luck with your couse.

Practice writing out safe isolation of single phase and three phase, IR testing, RFC testing all steps, earth electrode testing, practice drawing earth fault path fully labelled in tns tn-c-s and tt, learn gn3 off by heart, read the chief examiners report,
try and do some past papers, good luck

Focus on using the correct terminology.

Electricity at work regulations, Health and safety at work act, low resistance ohm meter, insulation resistance tester, short circuit, earth fault, low resistance fault, line conductor, live conductors (includes line and neutral), main earthing conductor, main bonding conductor, supplementary bonding conductor, circuit protective conductor, electrical installation certificate, minor electrical works certificate, electrical installation condition report, schedule of inspections for a new installation only, generic schedule of test results, duty holder, competent person, R1, R2, Ze, Zs, r1, rN, r2.

Please feel free to add to these,

Cheers..............Howard

make sure you know how to. ir and counity on a three phase suppley between control to start to.iteam and your zs calucation and lokk at the c and g reports for past papers tell where people going rong.i sat in jime amd passed 94

Find out what instruments are going to be available for your practical tests and download the instructions, I note you say you have limited testing experience, be aware that the practical is far more involved than the 2392, I have had several people lately who have passed the writtens but struggle with the assessments and i`m afraid you need both to get your cert

Seem the way this training centre does it is so you have to pass the written exam before they let you do your practical,
have my own MFT megger 1553, not sure if they will let me use it, obviously it does not have phase rotation so not sure if its ok to use it.

Thanks for all your help guys

Dave

The training centre ought to let you use your own MFT, but it must be in calibration with certificate. It really does help to be using an instrument you are familiar with.

If you don't have a lot of testing practice, I can recommend building your own test board, it is not too hard to make up one that looks pretty much like the one you will get for the 2395, the only thing that is a little hard for most people to replicate at home is a 3 phase supply. And practice with it, the time really passes quickly in the practical.

Seem the way this training centre does it is so you have to pass the written exam before they let you do your practical, ...

I don't understand this - it takes maybe 2 months to get the results from the written exam, by which time you'll have forgotten lots of stuff from the course. I'd almost say better to do the practical just before the written exam - and you can always retake the practical if needed.

Reply to Booked 2394&2395 combined course for october in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net