Discuss British Gas. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

dlt27

-
Reaction score
Hi just wondered if anybody knows how long it takes to get from talent pool to an actual job at British Gas. Also does anybody know if they are a good company to work for.
At the moment I'm unsure which direction to go in. I have just been put in talent pool for British Gas and also I have just joined NAPIT. I don't know whether to take the jump and have a go on my own.
Any info would be great.

Good luck whatever you choose. Have had some remedial work as a result of British Gas boiler services and they've been absolute nonsense and totally OTT, trying to make work for themselves? Anyway I'm sure the pays probably good, guaranteed wage, holiday etc. I've gone on my own this year and love it but no guaranteed income and no paid holiday!

Hi just wondered if anybody knows how long it takes to get from talent pool to an actual job at British Gas. Also does anybody know if they are a good company to work for.
At the moment I'm unsure which direction to go in. I have just been put in talent pool for British Gas and also I have just joined NAPIT. I don't know whether to take the jump and have a go on my own.
Any info would be great.

Hum.... no disrespect but I think this is more down to your customer skills (up selling) than your technical skills.

The pay was basic salary, they were going to bring in working on saturdays too, this was in 2005,
I left because the customers were not happy as BG would use the T&C not carry out repair work

To the OP,i have said many times on here,and still firmly believe,that BG's "tactics" over the last few years,will inevitably land them in the same hot water (no pun) that the banks and now,pay-day lenders,have found themselves. I myself,and several of my associates,have had dealings with the aftermath of their "sales and recommendations". Actions,and advice,that if issued by a tradee from the local paper,would warrant,and deserve legal challenge. Their size and present market position,shields them somewhat from this,but,as we have seen with many giant organisations,from the catholic church,to the bbc,eventually,the truth will out.I do not doubt,that there are good people working there.I do not doubt that there are competent surveyors,too. What i AM saying is some of the company practices i have witnessed,has not involved either of the two previous groups.

First question “do you have any professional pride?”
Second question “would you be uncomfortable taking money from customers under false pretences?”
Third question “do you tell the truth?”
Forth question “do you have a conscience?”
5[SUP]th[/SUP]
6[SUP]th[/SUP]

Answer yes to any of the above you’re no good to BG.

First question “do you have any professional pride?”
Second question “would you be uncomfortable taking money from customers under false pretences?”
Third question “do you tell the truth?”
Forth question “do you have a conscience?”
5[SUP]th[/SUP]
6[SUP]th[/SUP]

Answer yes to any of the above you’re no good to BG.

You forgot "Are you competant" lol

I just come out of british gas commercial which don't exist any more lol to my understanding the jobs on there website are always there and all that happens is when you apply for them they review your cv and ask you to book in a telephone interview which they ask you for general interview questions but be carefull if your going for domestic they wont accept you if you have been working in commercial for more than a year they will then ask you 5 electrical questions if all goes well youll be put in a talent pool in wich if a job in your area arrises then they may ring you but you could be waiting up to a year or so hope this helps. however bg is a good company to work but you will encounter health and safety regulation that will make you sick good luck

I just come out of british gas commercial which don't exist any more lol to my understanding the jobs on there website are always there and all that happens is when you apply for them they review your cv and ask you to book in a telephone interview which they ask you for general interview questions but be carefull if your going for domestic they wont accept you if you have been working in commercial for more than a year they will then ask you 5 electrical questions if all goes well youll be put in a talent pool in wich if a job in your area arrises then they may ring you but you could be waiting up to a year or so hope this helps. however bg is a good company to work but you will encounter health and safety regulation that will make you sick good luck

Probably worried you are used to higher standards and you'll therefore want to do things properly... lol!!

Reply to British Gas. in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net