Discuss Bs7671 amendment 3 just got this message in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

gaz101

-
Reaction score
URGENT INFORMATION
The IET informed us that there is an error in one of the tables contained within the two recently released 3rd amendment publications below. We understand that this occurs in a table which many electricians will never use and is not going to affect anyone studying for the latest exams - however, their experts are currently reviewing the table and will be producing a correction ASAP.
We have been asked NOT to ship any stock of these titles to customers until this has been resolved!

If you are awaiting your delivery of these titles from us, please bear with us whilst the IET resolve the problem. We will recommence shipping of these titles as soon as possible.
If you have already received your copy from us, we will forward on any corrections received from the IET or provide you with a link to the IET website to download any updates.

Who's that from?

No mention of any errors or updates here ...
IET Wiring Regulations updates - IET Electrical

Or is it a case of the fake copy suppliers falling behind on production? :)

Could one error be Table K2 / Old conductor colours and new conductor colours ....?

Old Colour protective conductor says "Green-and-yellow", not 'green'.....

The old colour is green/yellow as far as that table goes, it is only concerned with the recent change to brown, black, grey and blue, not earlier colour changes.

If they are really are reprinting them mine is going back to CEF and they can give me a new one. Also, are they releasing a new GN3?

Happy and annoyed i read this. Need GN3 and BYB sharpish for 2394/5 starting next week. Definitely not keen on paying out for books with errors in, specially not for the price they charge.

Why do they have to chop and change the regs so much?

Its all ok, I wouldn't get too annoyed about buying books with errors in them. They will have a new amendment in a couple of years anyway. Also with errors in it no doubt.

Happy and annoyed i read this. Need GN3 and BYB sharpish for 2394/5 starting next week. Definitely not keen on paying out for books with errors in, specially not for the price they charge.

Why do they have to chop and change the regs so much?

So that you keep spending money with them, isn't that obvious lol!

Reply to Bs7671 amendment 3 just got this message in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net