Discuss Buying New Hand Drill Next Week. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net

B

brookster

This is the one drill I have had my eye on for my budget, I most likely wont be doing anything heavy and this one covers all the bases and any time I have used Dewalt they felt good all round.

DeWalt DCD785L1GP-GB 18V XR 3.0Ah Li-Ion Combi Drill | NoLinkingToThis at £150 its the max of what I want to pay, I think it is a great deal does anyone know of better for the money?
Or in agreement it's a good deal.

I just need it to work when I do need it, so one for everyday use is not needed @ £250+ ect.

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought the 1.3Ah ni cad battery dewalt drill for £99 at screwfix yesterday.
great value and product.
came with 2 batteries though , and lith ion batteries are expensive to buy seperately , around £80-90.
my advice is get one that comes with 2 batts , you'll get p****ed off having only 1 battery.

if you want a lith ion dewalt , i'd get this one , same price but with 2 batts.....

DeWalt XR DCD785C2SF-GB 18V 1.5Ah Li-Ion Cordless Combi Drill | NoLinkingToThis

a 18v 1.5Ah battery has the same power output as a 18v 3Ah battery , just the 3.Ah lasts longer.
i'd rather have 2 batteries even if they're smaller capacity , less down time when re-charging.

a 18v 1.5Ah battery has the same power output as a 18v 3Ah battery , just the 3.Ah lasts longer.
i'd rather have 2 batteries even if they're smaller capacity , less down time when re-charging.

Il have to think about it. I hear lots of people going on about bosch but I cant find any at a better price.
I always thought the higher amp ones had more power to do more damage :)

Last edited by a moderator:
i bought the 1.3Ah ni cad battery dewalt drill for £99 at screwfix yesterday.
great value and product.
came with 2 batteries though , and lith ion batteries are expensive to buy seperately , around £80-90.
my advice is get one that comes with 2 batts , you'll get p****ed off having only 1 battery.

Good deal that got one sat in office as charger got nicked on site. Cheaper to buy that deal. Thanks

I'd go for the 2 battery kit. You can't work with 1 battery as biff said. I've got the model up from that one, impact and torch. I bought a 3rd 3 amp battery the other week there only between £40-£50 of eBay and 4 amp about £80. Used the 2 speed aswell and there gd aswell.

I buy 2nd hand from e blag. Makita lxt, got prety much everything inc sds, 2 drills, recip, jiggy grinder batteries.
For 150 quid you could probably get an 18volt with 2 batteries and charger.

I buy 2nd hand from e blag. Makita lxt, got prety much everything inc sds, 2 drills, recip, jiggy grinder batteries.
For 150 quid you could probably get an 18volt with 2 batteries and charger.

its better to go for a drill with 2 batteries, that way you can have one on charge while you are using the other.

the makita 3ah batteries last ages, the 22min charger is ace.

makesure to get the fast charger if you go for 1.5ah batteries.

I have the Dewalt with 2x 1.5 AH batteries and am very pleased with it.The batteries seem adequate for me and not run down the first one yet.I mostly only use my drill for masonry I prefer doing wood screws by hand unless they are in floor boards.Never quite got the hang of the torque settings.

Reply to Buying New Hand Drill Next Week. in the Electrical Tools and Products area at ElectriciansForums.net