Discuss C2 on EICR for plastic consumer unit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Hi,

I have just organised an EICR for our house through a national chain of letting agents (we were short of time). The report came back with a C2 for a plastic consumer unit. It is next to the front door (not in a cupboard) and it is not at the only point of exit and was installed in 2012 with RCDs. The person carrying out the EICR seems to be a registered electrician. We have queried the report, and they have said it is the engineers discretion to give it a C2 'incase tenants store flammable materials in the same location'. It is 7ft above the ground and behind the front door, so not even in a cupboard.

Granted, I am not an electrician, but I do renovate houses. Am I wrong in thinking that this should not be a C2?

Many thanks,

James

Hi,

I have just organised an EICR for our house through a national chain of letting agents (we were short of time). The report came back with a C2 for a plastic consumer unit. It is next to the front door (not in a cupboard) and it is not at the only point of exit and was installed in 2012 with RCDs. The person carrying out the EICR seems to be a registered electrician. We have queried the report, and they have said it is the engineers discretion to give it a C2 'incase tenants store flammable materials in the same location'. It is 7ft above the ground and behind the front door, so not even in a cupboard.

Granted, I am not an electrician, but I do renovate houses. Am I wrong in thinking that this should not be a C2?

Many thanks,

James
I usually put as c3, but its up to the inspector ive been taught but c3 all day.

Hi,

Many thanks,

James
I wouldn’t code it at all, not located in a sole means of escape etc

Reply to C2 on EICR for plastic consumer unit in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net