Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement

Discuss Cabaret style mirror lights in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Gazthesparky

Gazthesparky Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    Udell Electrical Services
    Hi There

I have a customer who has a large mirror in her dressing room which she would like the theatre style make up mirror show lights installing all the way round the mirror. I have suggested to install 2 separate fittings either side of the mirror. these are off the shelf and saves me the hassle

The customer said she would prefer that the lights go all the way round the frame so that leaves me with the problem with how to achieve that. I wondered if anyone has had to do this and whether anyone had found any kits of parts that I can use to make this up.

At the moment I'm thinking of installing 2x2 white plastic trunking with some lamp holders in around the mirror. Would like to use LED to keep the heat down especially as id be using plastic trunking. Low voltage LED would be better incase one of the lamps get broken.

any suggestions would be greatly recieved

Cheers

2. SparkyChick

SparkyChick Making a banana smoothy for my fave gorilla Electrician's Arms

Business Name:
    SparkyChick
  3. ruston

ruston Trusted Advisor

• Like Like x 1
  4. Adie moore

Adie moore Regular EF Member

5. Des 56

Des 56 Trusted Advisor

can you not convince her to just buy a new mirror

I installed the ikea lights top and bottom of the mirror just lately,the effect was what the client wanted :(
    ,I would suggest,if she hasn't done so,she look on google images at mirrors with all around lights ,the exercise may put her off the idea :)