Discuss Cable for sub board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

K

keiren

Hi i have a job with a 40 metre run of swa 4 core via tray work its going to feed a 12 way 3 phase board from a 63amp mcb ive calculated that a 16mm would be sufficant would i be right thinking that?????

Hey pm me and I'll do it for ya:smile: Well if thats what you've calc, whats the prob.......sorry I only do calcs when I get paid so cant be arsed to check for you...but Im sure someone will if you put your calcs up.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi i have a job with a 40 metre run of swa 4 core via tray work its going to feed a 12 way 3 phase board from a 63amp mcb ive calculated that a 16mm would be sufficant would i be right thinking that?????
The thing is you should calculate not just think what size to install.
Show us your calcs if you can be bothered.

Cant find regs book nor on site guide just mooved mick so not think going by volt drop calcs from a ****ty table fromm google

Why separate earth? the armour would probably suffice, but you may want to look it up. If you search on here you'll find tables that will help.

Mick - draw your neck in, your attitude strongly reminds me of those I sat my 17th with, all brass and cocky...the amount of excuses uttered when they failed was unreal, along with childish whinging about why its pointless to change this or that etc...
I stand by the standard of my work.....unlike the 3 time served approved, gold card holding and JIB graded sparks who've worked on my dads place...utter mess of wiring, long inner cores left exposed on top of kitchen units, polarity reversed in several areas and thats just the start, I hate to think what lurks under the floors........

Oh and BTW.....I could quite easily get engineer status with the IET, If I fancied spending the membership fee.....I'm more than qualified to do so...

I know your kind....keyboard warrior who likes to dish out the abuse to other people, knowing full well the chances of having to "face the music" are slim to nil.....

I also seriously doubt any DIYer is going to be running 3 phase on tray, nor as archy says what 2.4mV/A/m means.

Why separate earth? the armour would probably suffice, but you may want to look it up. If you search on here you'll find tables that will help.

The SWA will indeed more than suffice as the CPC. It won't however be suitable, if main bonding is to be carried out from the DB's EMT that this cable is supplying!! It will then need a suitably sized separate earth conductor....

Mick its people like you that can make work a living hell, your some sort of sarcastic smart **** .
All this op wanted was confirmation and clarity but you have to give it all the big man sat behind your laptop at home...... people like you should be banned from the site as people get nervous posting there queries incase a **** like you pipes up!!!!!!!
The op probably has more electrical knowledge than you anyway!!!!

Reply to Cable for sub board in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net