Discuss calculating cable size in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

C

cooter

hi, i was wondering as i calculate the cable size of a run of swa do i use the total ampage or the line ampage? for example my run is 95 meters and total current is 273 amp. the cable is spaced in horizontal cable tray.

hi, i was wondering as i calculate the cable size of a run of swa do i use the total ampage or the line ampage? for example my run is 95 meters and total current is 273 amp. the cable is spaced in horizontal cable tray.

far more info required. is this 3 phase or single phase?

hi telectrix, thanks for your reply. it's a 3 phase supply of 400v, the temperature will be no more than 30 degrees and i would like to keep voltage drop down to as little as possible. it will be protected back at the board

What load do you require here, whenever you say an ampage and 3ph, it is usually assumed that its per phase.

You state 273amp so are we to take that as 273amps per phase, I ask because coincidently 273 is divisible by 3 so I rather suspect you only looking at a 3ph supply 91amps?

Like others have said, you haven't given anything like the info required here, everything for the nature of the load to achieving discrimination between devices all may change a cable sie by many factors.

If you can draft up some calcs so we can see roughly what your trying to work out here as oppose to pages of drip fed info, it may save some time.

Last edited:
Any more info Cooter?

Reply to calculating cable size in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Happy New Year all. Quick question regarding cable sizing. I have a 25m run from DB to car charging unit. The 25m run will mean approx 8m is run...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, On a job at the moment and trying to Work out cable size needed for property supply. Lots going on and struggle to work out...
Replies
Views
Hi. Im looking for some advice when calculating submain cables. Basically there is a new connection of 80Amps that is to be used for a dwelling...
Replies
Views
I am planning to go semi off grid with a victron and battery system. The system will be installed in an out building about 20 meters away from...
Replies
Views
Some advise or views would be appreciated. My supply is 100 amp single phase. I purchased my property 3 years ago or so, the owner prior to the...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock