Discuss Can a 50a MCB be fitted into that space ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
Screenshot_20210104_092558_com.whatsapp.jpg

It will fit into the space outlined in orange, but there are other considerations. what will it be used to power, and does the curcuit require RCD protection?als bear in mind that it should be same make and type as existing.

It will fit into the space outlined in orange, but there are other considerations. what will it be used to power, and does the curcuit require RCD protection?als bear in mind that it should be same make and type as existing.
Hi thank you yeah it's the same make and it's for electric shower I was concerned that the 80a RCD already has 70a worth of switches next to it already or is it possible to but the 50a alongside them

What's the kW rating of the shower? and bear in mind that the 3 other breakers' values are max. rating. the actual load willbe much less most of the time.

you'd just get away with 6mm cable on a 40A MCB if no insulation on the cable route. but if installing the cable go for 10mm on a 50A.

Hi I have done 10mm to 50a double pole switch directly one cable then from switch to shower 10mm one cable and then looking to fit 50a weylex breaker in that space
looks OK. but wot about part pee?

OK.part p is a building reg. whereby certain works need to be notified to building control at local council. any work within a special location (bathroom) falls under this. your guy will need to be a member of NICEIC or one of the other similar organisations.

I have looked and have a guy to sign it off once work completed

Have you found someone who is willing to do that? If so then they may well want to see the job before completion. Which scheme is he part of?

Hi thank you yeah it's the same make and it's for electric shower I was concerned that the 80a RCD already has 70a worth of switches next to it already or is it possible to but the 50a alongside them
If you have a new Wylex MCB don't assume it will fit the NSB range hasn't been manufactured for a good number of years

If you have a new Wylex MCB don't assume it will fit the NSB range hasn't been manufactured for a good number of years
Wylex told me I had to replace all the breakers in their CU when we ran a new circuit for a cooker range - 2020, because the existing were BSBs.

Reply to Can a 50a MCB be fitted into that space ? in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net