Discuss Can't find this standard ceiling plate anywhere in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

bulgin

DIY
Reaction score
Hello. I hope everyone is safe and healthy.

Please see the attached photos for reference. I have a ceiling with a junction box or maybe it should be called a "junction circle/box" - photo #1. It is 3 3/4" in diameter. This is where I want to mate my fixture displayed in photo #2 which is 5" in diameter. I need to mate these two together but all the of the junction circle/boxes (Lowes and home Depot here in the U.S.) I see are not 5" in diameter. As well, as you can see in photo #3 (which is only here as an example and not the right size) I need something like that with the tabs on the side that bend down so as to connect to light fixture in photo #2.

I am in the U.S. and any advice on what this is called in electronic terms and any possible places to purchase such a thing would be greatly appreciated.

Attachments

• photo-3.jpg
    264.2 KB · Views: 10
  • photo-2.jpg
    528.8 KB · Views: 9
  • photo-1.jpg
    357.1 KB · Views: 9
Be only ever seen one light fitting that came with a circular mounting plate like that…. But I didn’t measure it, nor remember where it came from.

The majority of decorative light fittings here in Uk are just a flat metal bar bracket with the fixing tags bent down at each end. They should come with the fitting, along with the small screws to attach fitting to bracket.

Reply to Can't find this standard ceiling plate anywhere in the DIY Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I am adding a light fixture in a room I am restoring in my 160 yo house. I have ran a new 12-2 w/ground wire from the ceiling box to a junction...
Replies
Views
Hello, my house was built in the 1950s and every time I look behind a wall plate the wiring isn’t how it’s shown in any DIY book I’ve read. I’m...
Replies
Views
This weekend I was replacing a hall light fixture in my old home (rewired circa 1980/90's) and noticed the work was done using one of the exposed...
Replies
Views
I collect old Electrical Fittings and I recently acquired this vintage Junction Box (photos attached). I've been trying to figure out how it would...
Replies
Views
I have a question which is confusing me and I cannot find a definitive answer and I hope someone can help. So I have a PC and Monitor and I have...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock