Discuss Caravan hook up replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reaction score
I volunteer at my local rugby club and we also have 6 caravan pitches with electrical hook ups. We are wanting to upgrade our hook ups with newer units. We have electricians in the club who work in local factories etc and are capable of doing the work but does the work have to be accompanied by an official test certificate?
We do get the system tested periodically.

I volunteer at my local rugby club and we also have 6 caravan pitches with electrical hook ups. We are wanting to upgrade our hook ups with newer units. We have electricians in the club who work in local factories etc and are capable of doing the work but does the work have to be accompanied by an official test certificate?
We do get the system tested periodically.

All electrical installation work should come with the necessary certificate yes.

Welcome to the forum by the way!

Caravan pitches would fall under Section 7 (Special Locations), 708 specifically for caravan parks/hook-ups.

As above, should be accompanied by test paperwork. Without it, and things go ---- up then it'd be hard for either the club (to blame the sparkie) or sparkie (to prove work was to standard.) It's in the interest of all parties to ensure it is done properly.

Worth being in mind that just because someone can use an air powered impact wrench, doesn't make them a mechanic, same can be said for the electrical trade; just because they deal with assembly, doesn't mean they know anything about installing and commissioning electrical stuff and things.

They should also provide some sort of warranty and have public liability insurance. Assuming the caravans are used by persons where the rugby club is the landlord, or for the benefit of rugby club members and guests.

Reply to Caravan hook up replacement in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net