Discuss Changes to FIT coming sooner that we thought! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

As far as I can tell from this document on the energy saving trust website, as long as the paperwork is delivered to your FIT Licensee on the 12th December then it doesn't matter how long it takes for them to process it for the installation to be eligible.

Energy Saving Trust FIT review fact sheet_UK / PDFs / Generate your own energy / Media - Energy Saving Trust
They even recommend sending by special delivery which will provide proof of receipt.

Also a couple of other interesting points. The paperwork must only be sent after the install is complete and they underline after. This could catch a few people out and also they recommend speaking to you licensee to confirm "exactly what information they require from you and when they need to receive it by".

All in All I think it is wise to provide a few more days grace to guarantee the higher rate.

Something else to be aware of:

if you submit data to your power provider, receipt of that data doesn't mean that you immediately become provisionally eligible for FIT. My provider has said that the data pack must be correct and complete in order to gain eligibility. the pack will be checked when resources permit and rejected if not in order. Thus, it is wise to check and double check that everything is correct before submission. It would be a real shame to queue something in, wait for several weeks only to find that you paper work isn't complete and the 12th December has passed.

As far as I can tell from this document on the energy saving trust website, as long as the paperwork is delivered to your FIT Licensee on the 12th December then it doesn't matter how long it takes for them to process it for the installation to be eligible.

Energy Saving Trust FIT review fact sheet_UK / PDFs / Generate your own energy / Media - Energy Saving Trust
They even recommend sending by special delivery which will provide proof of receipt.

Also a couple of other interesting points. The paperwork must only be sent after the install is complete and they underline after. This could catch a few people out and also they recommend speaking to you licensee to confirm "exactly what information they require from you and when they need to receive it by".

All in All I think it is wise to provide a few more days grace to guarantee the higher rate.

As I understand it recipt on the 12th of December would mean the new 21p rate. Therefore the documents will need to be with the utility on the 9th (Fri) which means the last installation will be on the 8th december as originally leaked by EST last week.

Hi, I came upon this forum while researching for a solar/FIT system.
Sadly, with the change in the FIT system, I wont now be installing one, as the break even point has disappeared into the sunset, & I will get a better return on capital by leaving it in the bank :crazy:.
I've spoken to several installation company's, most of whom cannot guarantee completion of an accepted system by the 8th as ether they can't get components or their teams are fully utilized up-to the 8th, it's total madness. :veryangry2:
Several friends / acquaintances are in the same boat, 2 have already canceled orders.

My ÂŁ12k investment is going on a wood burner, a chain saw & a backup gen set. That should leave me ÂŁ9k for fuel .

With the original FIT "agreement" the financial case was just about acceptable with the 25yr period, but if the government can change the payment rules as they go, you have to ask -
- how long is a 25yr guarantee good for??
- index linked to what ??
- & does tax free really mean free of tax ???

I feel for the guys who've put so much into getting this up and running & who will get nowt out of their hard work because of the political ******s in control.​

Why DO we allow ignorant politicians to control everything ?????????????:veryangry2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, jugs, with the original FIT "agreement" the financial case was a darn sight more than 'acceptable', hence the knee-jerk - with emphasis on 'jerk' - reaction by the government. If they had only kept proper tabs on what was happening on the ground, they could likely have controlled more carefully the reductions in tariff - making them smaller and more regular - thereby keeping the payback period running effectively at a pretty constant level. With no boom and bust. But, hey, that's asking them to actually be aware of what is happening.

It was always the case that they could change the FIT rates for future installs whenever it suited them. We just assumed they wouldn't be stupid about it.

Any change to the FIT rates already in place - and to the 25 year pay period - would require a change to parliamentary legislation, and the howls if that was even attempted would be quite deafening.

Last edited by a moderator:
Any change to the FIT rates already in place - and to the 25 year pay period - would require a change to parliamentary legislation, and the howls if that was even attempted would be quite deafening.

Hi, I am also distrustful of ANY government, so have printed out (to keep for 25 years!) all I could find on the 43.3p rate (energysavingtrust, .gov, ofgem pages etc); but do you know where exactly the official statement is of the higher tariff payment? Thanks!

Anything can change...

However, the 25 year term is pretty well established and set - I think it would take something pretty extraordinary to change it. Even Greg Babes confirmed on Radio 4 it would stay when challenged recently on the FIT reduction in December. So, safe as houses...

Reply to Changes to FIT coming sooner that we thought! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net