Discuss Changes to FIT coming sooner that we thought! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

How long does it normally take for the FiT certificate to be received and processed By the energy supplier after the install has been completed?

Sent FIT application to nPower 14th Sept, still getting told on the 'phone "you should get a letter by the end of this week...or early next week".....ho hum!

Sent FIT application to nPower 14th Sept, still getting told on the 'phone "you should get a letter by the end of this week...or early next week".....ho hum!

Have they acknowledged receipt?
I asked EDF how it worked with them and they said that as soon as they receive the FiT then you're in so to speak even though it can take up to two weeks to process.

Yeah we have got s few unhappy customers (cause they were awaiting DNO/Planning) - one site that managed to get it's permissions through is a Conservative Club..............

It'll probably be the last install we complete before the deadline. How ironic is that.

Last edited:
I am about to place an order for a 4kw system. I am now worried that it will not be installed and passed off in time. I have seen the question asked on this thread three times but it has not been answered.

How long does it take from install to completion and signing off so the still gets the current FiT payment, One week?, six weeks???? ie if it is installed next week, when will it all be passed off paper work wise?

If I am not given a set in stone guarantee by the installer that it will all be done before 8th December, I cannot go ahead with the order.
We had an install done in one day, it was commissioned by evening, we sent the FIT application off the next day. You need the MCS certificate, and read the generation meter (ours read 0 obviously). HOWEVER 17 days later I am still chasing nPower for an acknowledgement. BUT I have a proof of delivery with Recorded Mail and I believe the important date is the date RECEIVED by the energy supplier. Cheers.

Have they acknowledged receipt?
I asked EDF how it worked with them and they said that as soon as they receive the FiT then you're in so to speak even though it can take up to two weeks to process.
No acknowledgement given, but I have Recorded Delivery confirmation of receipt. "Up to 2 weeks" with nPower means 3 months, so I will be less than polite this week when I call them!

If interest rates were higher would people choose to invest in PV after all investment is all about the rate of return on the money invested
I don't understand this: all this talk of 10-12% return on a solar PV installation. If you have ÂŁ10K in a bank at 4%, you still HAVE the capital. With solar PV it's GONE. So I would say that at 43.3p/kWh you may get an EFFECTIVE return of say about 6%, with 21p/kWh NO WAY!
Am I wrong?

Furthermore - is anyone planning retaliation when the government (or any future one) says - we need a new hospital/school/olympicfunslide and can't keep paying 43.3p/kWh to those who installed in 2011? I look forward to a strictly middle-class riot - looting at Debenhams, then M&S for 7:30 sharp......:)?

Hmmm...this worries me somewhat....sent mine to NPower on 20th October..Rang last week and asked if they had received it...they said we can't tell you that cos we don't know but you should hear by the end of next week (ie. 4th Nov).....this was after hanging on for 20 mins waiting for an answer when the voice said we have a 5 to 10 minute delay. I am ringing them again on Friday (4th) and giving them no excuses this time....time to be Mr Nasty now....

Hmmm...this worries me somewhat....sent mine to NPower on 20th October..Rang last week and asked if they had received it...they said we can't tell you that cos we don't know but you should hear by the end of next week (ie. 4th Nov).....this was after hanging on for 20 mins waiting for an answer when the voice said we have a 5 to 10 minute delay. I am ringing them again on Friday (4th) and giving them no excuses this time....time to be Mr Nasty now....

Found out today NPower are taking 4 to 6 weeks to turnround Applications before they send FIT offer letters. Hopeless. They can't even acknowledge receipt of forms, their email address [email protected] has an Out of Office response and it takes 25 minutes to get through to the FIT Team on the phone 08450782977. There's Customer Service for you. That's what happens when you have a one in six monopoly I guess...be as shoddy as you want.

Found out today NPower are taking 4 to 6 weeks to turnround Applications before they send FIT offer letters. Hopeless. They can't even acknowledge receipt of forms, their email address [email protected] has an Out of Office response and it takes 25 minutes to get through to the FIT Team on the phone 08450782977. There's Customer Service for you. That's what happens when you have a one in six monopoly I guess...be as shoddy as you want.
Ouch! I will try and ask for a manager next time I call nPowewr, this is NOT good as we have to know if all is OK with the application BEFORE 8th December!!

I received a letter from nPower this morning acknowledging receipt of my FIT application (it was sent in somewhere around the 23rd October).

Alan, can I have your email address? I want to ask you a question about the voltages your array generates (on the DC array flow).

I received a letter from nPower this morning acknowledging receipt of my FIT application (it was sent in somewhere around the 23rd October).

Alan, can I have your email address? I want to ask you a question about the voltages your array generates (on the DC array flow).

Of course - being a newbie I'm not sure of the procedure, can I send this to you privately? Or do you want me to reply on this thread - no worries either way.
Alan

I think the microgeneration Departments of all the suppliers are having the same problems due to the increase in applications fueled by the cut off date.
I had my system completed and running on the 4th of October and the paperwork was sent to Eon by the installers on the 7th. Having not hears anything by 2nd November, I got her indoors to chase up only to be told that they had no record of an application at our adress. When she insisted it had been sent they checked again and rung back to say the had found the application in a spread-sheet( whatever that means) and it was in order to be processed so we should get the letter back by the 18th.
When the post turned up an hour later, lo and behold, there was our acceptance letter on the 2nd, that
we were to expect on the 18th so clearly the left hand does not know what the right is doing.
It probhably isn't helping that the department that that you need to talk to is so busy that they have another office intercepting the calls and taking messages!!!

Reply to Changes to FIT coming sooner that we thought! in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net