Discuss Check-a-Trade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Hi Yellowvanman.
I've been mulling over sites like checkatrade. Consider this. The government is pushing Trustmark. I was with Tradeline run by AgeUk which got me a bit of business. AgeUk are/have closed Tradeline and passed their clients and traders on to Trustmark.
On the web, I noticed that one council is recommending that people look for their traders on Tradeline (now gone) or Trustmark.
Trustmark costs £66 a year via my lot, NICEIC. Cheaper if you're NAPIT, I think. So if AgeUK and the government are going to tell everybody to go to Trustmark, my money's going there too.
Just got the application form - nothing too onerous. Will let you know in a year's time whether it was worth £66!
Cheers
Pete

Thanks for the info Pete. Already in Trustmark as being a member of the ECA you automatically get membership. To be honest it hasn't done anything for me so far!

I was just considering whether Checkatrade was useful or not after I got a sales call from them!

Recent newcomer to my village needed an EIC done and she found a guy on Checkatrade, as she hadn't moved in yet and that seemed to be the place she went to, to find an electrician! I also notice that the guy she used is not on it anymore, or didn't come up when I put a search in.

The search for my area also showed that there wasn't many electrician in the immediate vicinity! I know someone who came up on the search who is about 20 miles away, may contact him and find out if it works for him!

Already got my advert in a number of local mags, they pay for themselves, but always on the look out for more work!

Reply to Check-a-Trade in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I am 17 years old and my main goal was to become an electrician. But I have been hearing from people that becoming a gas safety technician...
Replies
Views
I am an electrical fitter by trade, my EA says an electrical trade person should get paid more, but offers a higher rate of pay for an electrical...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks , Just looking for a bit of advice as I'm looking to get back on the tools so please bare with me if this is a bit long winded. I'm a...
Replies
Views
Thought it'd be interesting to see for those who are self employed. Work for themselves. As I'm doing level 2 . Nice to see how others already in...
Replies
Views
Hi, Just been watching Fully Charged latest YouTube video fact checking / myth busting electric cars & infrastructure. Well worth watching..
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock