Discuss Chris Huhne's Big Day....In Court in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

He'll serve a maximum of 4 months in some ----- category C or D open prison.
From whence he'll probably get let out to work somewhere and get home visits!

I'd send the little so and so to the Cat A wing of Strangeways for a few years.

Last edited by a moderator:
stupid thing is, despite all this I still reckon he'd have been better than clegg. At least he only lied about speeding points, whereas Clegg lied about tuition fees, economic policy, civil liberties, not being a tory etc. stuff that's resulted in the recession turning into a depression, students ending up paying £30k to go to university, and now apparently secret courts where they don't even need to tell you what the evidence is against you, so you can't defend yourself properly. I know which lies I think were worst.

And Labour would have done what exactly. There's no difference between the 3 parties today. They all want power so they have to cling on to the middle ground.

What UK plc needs is a centerist party, comprised by people who have had to work for a living for at least 20 years, not these 30 something career politicians who've done nothing.

And Labour would have done what exactly. There's no difference between the 3 parties today. They all want power so they have to cling on to the middle ground.

What UK plc needs is a centerist party, comprised by people who have had to work for a living for at least 20 years, not these 30 something career politicians who've done nothing.
There's not a vast amount of difference between the 3 parties, but that's part of the point - there was a difference between them at the election, it just turned out that the Lib Dems were quite happy to lie through their teeth about several key points of their manifesto, which it turned out the leadership never intended to support anyway.

As for the difference - even the Office of Budget Responsibility has come out and basically said that we'd have had at least an extra 1.4% growth without the tory / lib dem austerity cuts, but I'm pretty sure it'd have been a lot more than that because of the way the tories have talked down the economy, damaging consumer and business confidence in the process. And that would have translated into a lot less people on the dole, less businesses struggling etc.

eta but I fully agree with your second point. Personally I don't think anyone should be allowed into parliament without having had a career outside politics for at least 10 years.

at least it can't be worse than mein fuhrer blair and his fat controller hermann brown.

220px-Bundesarchiv_Bild_183-2004-1202-504%2C_Berlin%2C_Adolf_Hitler_und_Hermann_G%C3%B6ring.jpg

Reply to Chris Huhne's Big Day....In Court in the Solar PV Forum | Solar Panels Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net