Discuss Commercial PIR on a LARGE site. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net

If the PIR is being conducted solely to BS7671, then no code at all.
If however the extent of the inspection also includes BS EN 60204-1, and if you are using the same coding as for BS7671, then a code 4 if the machine requires a tool for access, or code 2 if not.
Obviously, if the access door is hanging off, or is wide open I would apply a code 1.

Last edited by a moderator:
HI i need a few pointers doing a periodic on an old dance studio as i havn done much on commercial..
when doing the pir do you have to test all the sub mains??
there is a3phase ryeful board which has fuses on it then from there are single phase isolators feeding each single phase board around 7 boards.
the sub mains cannot be turned off during normall hours so what would i put on the pir?
also on the pi report do i put the main board as the three phase ryeful board and looped supply as sub main?if sub mains do need to be tested do they just need an r1+r2 & zs.how can i test the ze if i carnt dissconnect main earth?
all the submains are 10mm 2core and are using the armoured sheath as the earthing. is this acceptable or do they need a seperate earth. what equation would you use to work out if the earthing is sufficent.
thanks for the replies in advance. As i haven done much commercial pir's please be leaneant!
aaelectrics.

HI i need a few pointers doing a periodic on an old dance studio as i havn done much on commercial..
when doing the pir do you have to test all the sub mains??
there is a3phase ryeful board which has fuses on it then from there are single phase isolators feeding each single phase board around 7 boards.
the sub mains cannot be turned off during normall hours so what would i put on the pir?
also on the pi report do i put the main board as the three phase ryeful board and looped supply as sub main?if sub mains do need to be tested do they just need an r1+r2 & zs.how can i test the ze if i carnt dissconnect main earth?
all the submains are 10mm 2core and are using the armoured sheath as the earthing. is this acceptable or do they need a seperate earth. what equation would you use to work out if the earthing is sufficent.
thanks for the replies in advance. As i haven done much commercial pir's please be leaneant!
aaelectrics.

Do you consider yourself competent to do this PIR?

Commercial or not, what would you enter on a domestic PIR if the client insisted that a circuit could not be isolated?

If the distribution circuits can't be isolated during normal hours, why not arrange an hour or 2 after close of business to complete the distribution circuit tests and also Ze?

You need to research the adiabatic equation for sizing CPC's etc.

If you're still unsure, why not enlist the help of a competent inspector and assist him during the inspection & testing?

i would put it in limatations!.i have a good idea of testing all fuseboards etc but not about the testing of submains. i know of the adiabiatic equation. i will have a go at this but could you pls express on the sub main testing etc
thanks IQ

i would put it in limatations!.i have a good idea of testing all fuseboards etc but not about the testing of submains. i know of the adiabiatic equation. i will have a go at this but could you pls express on the sub main testing etc
thanks IQ

If you treat the distribution circuits as you would any other circuit but with a 5 second disconnection time (assuming a TN system).

Have a search of the 'stickies' on the forum for SWA armour size compliance.

ok normally when you do readings on larger cables the r1+r2 come out around 0.00 as the furthest run is around 20m
isit worth doing these

ok normally when you do readings on larger cables the r1+r2 come out around 0.00 as the furthest run is around 20m
isit worth doing these

Unless there's a client specification, it's your decision as the inspector to decide which tests are appropriate on a periodic inspection.

Reply to Commercial PIR on a LARGE site. in the Business Related area at ElectriciansForums.net