Discuss Conduit bending of double sets in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

and herein comes another measurement....... grip the conduit in the right place for a saddle to cover the vice marks.

But the teeth of the vice still bite into the galv or enamel.

Galv and enamel can and will crack off at the bends with the carp quality of pipe these days and whatever you do there will be a slither of bare metal at each joint. Plus the guide on the stocks will scratch a bit as it goes round.

Painting the conduit is not just about what it looks like, it's to maintain the protective coating of the conduit.

The point is to repair the galv coating wherever it is compromised.
You should use a 'zinc rich' paint of some kind.

If you know for certain that it is going to rust despite being properly treated then you shouldn't be installing it there in the first place!

pvc? don't you just love getting whacked in the face by that spring.

Reply to Conduit bending of double sets in the Commercial Electrical Advice area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

I’m an electrician trainee and very new to conduit bending. So the length of the floating wood is 9 1/2” and the height is 10 3/4” I’m doing a...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I’ve done a bit of metal conduit before but been reading up online and seen people saying about marking the former to know where to...
Replies
Views
Good evening everyone Can any help or give me some advice please on measuring bending galv conduit. My question is bending long 3m lengths...
Replies
Views
Hi, My first post so hopefully I am correct in posting it here. My question is, I am thinking of an IP rated outdoor socket for the back garden...
Replies
Views
I'll start by saying - I have absolutely no intention of doing any wiring or anything electrical myself. You get someone professional to do a...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock