Discuss Consumer unit (main board) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Reckon rather than quoting for the addition of a shed, you'll need to be quoting for a rewire.

But before you do, ask customer if they will be living in premises if it is getting rewired.
If I am to do the rewire I will kindly request them to take a couple of days holiday to allow the work to be undertaken, they have 2 very eager and lively young boys and however much I will like/love to have some help, I will probably pass on that.

did some body leave ice cream in that c/u .looking at the tails going in at the bottom .
One of dude send that as an example he worked on.
I suppose were sealing to meet ip rating,
Reckon rather than quoting for the addition of a shed, you'll need to be quoting for a rewire.

But before you do, ask customer if they will be living in premises if it is getting rewired.

As this look like is not going to be just an evening or weekend job, I think I will pass to friend who have more time to deal with it.
I have a full time employment and therefore I might struggle.

If I am to do the rewire I will kindly request them to take a couple of days holiday to allow the work to be undertaken, they have 2 very eager and lively young boys and however much I will like/love to have some help, I will probably pass on that.

A couple of days??

A couple of weeks for an occupied house.

Thanks Pete, your concern is understandable and varied, I will say am qualified but never experience the above situation and hence i asked the question.
It will be rude to the forumiat just to ask the question to test their knowledge unless I disclaim it from begining.
I have never class myaelf experience or qualified enough as I always have room to learn more or improve myself knowledge hence asking and orotecting my dignity instead of rushing to advise.
All in all i take your point on board, i was taught to alway respect and listen yo elders.
Thanks
Are you going to take this work on your own or with someone that is experienced? just think that as you have not undertaken this work before in someone else house it would be more beneficial to you.

not part p then !
That too, however the company I work for are.
On this, time constrain will be the main factor.
So what did you suggest regarding the shed?
As I initially didn't know about the Mems isolator I told them, I won't be undertaking the shed project until the hoise bit is sorted, however he said he will be talking to his friend who install his cctv and he will let me know.
He also believe the house elecytic were done 3 year ago before buying the house and the wife have all the the certificates.

why is everyone jumping on rewire? are cables VIR or PVC? any testing of circuits done? OK a shiny new CU with eaerthing and bonding upgraded. pre=tests will show whether or not a rewire is needed.
Spot on telectrix, they are PVC from the point I could see.
I also mentioned maybe we can start with EICR to get direction of the next step.

I came to these on my one job not long back...even with a helpful note from a time when i expect some on here were wee apprentices

Screenshot_20180507-213544.png

Screenshot_20180507-213554.png

Is a couple of weeks not too much? at the moment I rewire lights and change the box and test within 12hrs with appretice
2 bedroom flat.
Kitchen 1st fixing 4hrs, or that what time we are given from the office..
2 weeks is about right when you have to roll up carpets, shift furniture, cut flloorboards etc.

Reply to Consumer unit (main board) in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net