Currently reading:
Contactors

Discuss Contactors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

We go a stage further, most of the lighting is controlled by computer. The trackside lighting switches off during break times and end of shift, the high bay lighting switches off outside production hours just leaving pilot lighting for safety, we can override any of them if necessary.
Yes but the computer is still connected to contactors..

Plant lighting switching sequence:
First one in Sunday morning, switch lights on.
Last one out the following Saturday evening, switch lights off.

Who needs a computer?

Or the fist plant I worked on as an apprentice and was involved in building.
Switch lights on.
I know a switch was fitted somewhere, I haven’t a clue where it was.

Plant lighting switching sequence:
First one in Sunday morning, switch lights on.
Last one out the following Saturday evening, switch lights off.

Who needs a computer?

I suppose it's an energy saving idea, having literally thousands of light fittings even turning them off for the 15 minute breaks must save money?

The new multi-storey carpark has LED striplights that are on dim for safety but kick up to full brightness when triggered by vehicle/pedestrian movement! I wondered what was going on when I first used it :D

I know what happened last time I tried an energy saving idea. The dreaded voltage optimisation. 4 20MVA transformers and muggin’s got cond in to lowering the plant voltage.
I said it would end in disaster……………….. It did!
I didn’t get an invite to the arse kicking party that followed. The accountant did, it was his idea.

Pretty common to switch all sorts of multiple circuits using a single contactor
such as card keys for hotel rooms.
I use them for switching the coil circuit via a rf key fob to power up lighting DBs

Reply to Contactors in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock