Discuss CU with a Left Hand Main Switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Had a similar problem once With the meter tail issue. Tried to use the the meter tail kit like suggested but I didn't trust it at all. Joint wasn't secure and it kept becoming loose etc. In the end decided to replace the tails. The currents ones turned out to be sunken in to plaster anyway and a drill bit had already nicked the live. This was upon further inspection. Absolute nightmare to replace as there was a damp proof tray in the cavity. Thankfully it wasn't my own job and I was only subbing.

Doepke do one with left hand side main switch. Height dimension is 204mm. I've just bought one with breakers for ÂŁ112.

Many thanks! Just the job! A good make too. Though I have an account with Bew I got a better deal from CEF, only by about ÂŁ20 though.
Cheers!
Pete

Hi Guys
I'm wanting to replace an old 8 way consumer unit which is above the kitchen cupboards. I've limited height of 233mm. All cables are top entry but the tails are to the left of the rest and no doubt won't move.

Anyone know of a Amd3, dual RCD unit , min 8 ways, max 230 mm height, left hand mainswitch which will fit the bill, please?

I'm aware I could possibly put it inside the cupboard connected via a large terminal box, but I'm not keen!

Thanks

Just saw this post. MCG make a board which is 235mm (so depends how critical that 5mm is for you).

Reply to CU with a Left Hand Main Switch in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Beware a little long. I served an electrical apprenticeship a long time ago, then went back to full time education immediately moving away from...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I've just been perusing the AM2/E/S threads on here. Thought you might like a bit of a review. If, like I did, you find yourself...
Replies
Views
...and why would I want to do that ? Well, I'm faced with a real botch job of a consumer unit. Essentially this is a "new" consumer unit only put...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I currently have an electric shower in the house and I am looking to connect another in a chalet, which is approx 50 meters away from the...
Replies
Views
Seems to be my month for finding odd bodges by supposed professionals. Installing an external socket in a shed today at a park home (non-mobile...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock