Discuss Damp proof membrane in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

S

sivoodoo

Hi all,

whats the best way to first fix cables to damp proof membrane on walls?

obviously we cant use cable clips as it would let the moisture penetrate.

Any techniques greatly appreciated. m thinking sticky backed trunking, what does everyone else do?

The walls will be dot and dabbed so I will use dry liner boxs.

Thanks
Simon.

Thanks for the reply, but how would you attach the metal back box to the wall without penetrating the damp proof membrane?

Thanks

you're right there, is it for a basement thats been tanked? I suppose even if you do use those, you would still have to put some sealant in between the box and the wall just to stop potential corrosion.

Last edited by a moderator:
No its a kitchen, the guys who are doing it where not on site and Im trying to find out if they will "dot n dab" or use stud partitioning. Ill have to call them in the morning?
Im thinking of going with the Gripfill/no nails solution as i dont htink i can gaurantee a good seal with them expensive plugs!

All the way up, they want four double sockets, 2 at worktop height and two underneath for washing machine/dryer.
Pain in the ---!

I've drilled and screwed them before now,the damp proofers just wanted the drilled holes injected with silicone before screwing
Probably text book no no,but real world, its ok to say it shouldn't be penetrated,but reality bites

I've drilled and screwed them before now,the damp proofers just wanted the drilled holes injected with silicone before screwing
Probably text book no no,but real world, its ok to say it shouldn't be penetrated,but reality bites

Think we've all been there ;)

Yes I did this at a mates house, no problem with him, but this is a good job and I dont want to screw it up, good customer lots more work available.
Thinking caps on for this, I will let you know the outcome, thanks for all the comments and advice.

Reply to Damp proof membrane in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net