Discuss danfoss rx1 and ideal isar combi boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

robbie31

hi can anyone help me please.

i am a disabled single mother and today everything was working fine with the boiler and thermostats. then i heards a puff noise and the power to my boiler went off.

i have a danfoss rx1 wirless thermostat.

it is fitted as described below.

electric wire coming from boiler goes into the reciever rx1. then an additional wire comes from the reciever down to a fuse box, which is somehow connected to the mains.

i have changed the fuse and the red light on the reciever was on but no power to boiler. when ive had a problem with the boiler previusly the power stays on and lights flash.

i thought maybe the batteries needed changing in the transmitter so changed thwm but since ive done that there are no lights on the reciever at all. i have read many articles on resetting the transmitter an reciever but what ever ive tried has not worked. can anyone help.

is this a problem with my thermostat or a problem with the boiler. at present i have no heating or water

thank you

There will be a pressure gauge on the boiler which should read between 1 and 2 bar otherwise the boiler will not fire, I don't think it is a thermostat issue as if this was faulty you would still get hot water.

If there is a digital display on the boiler it should be showing a fault code number this can be cross referenced with the installation manual to give you the source of the problem.

Not sure if the boiler is a condenser but if it has an overflow type pipe coming from the bottom it is, so if this pipe gets blocked or becomes frozen then the boiler won't work.

My last suggestion is that the boiler may just need a reset, so if you turn off the fused connection unit for a few seconds and then turn it back on again and then press the reset button this may cure the issue.

Hope this helps.

thank you for your reply SYKRAPS. pressure gauge is between 1 and 2. the boiler has no power at all normally when ive had a problem it flashes error code. but there is no lights on at all and no sound coming from boiler. it is a condenser boiler so if that pipe was blocked would it shut it down completely and leave it with no power at all.

i will try the reset option but i think i tried this earlier with no luck.

thank you once again

Ahh Idid not realise that there was no apparent power at the boiler. My brother had exacly the same issue yesterday altough his is not a combi and it turned out to be the PCB board which would be a job for a qualified engineer.

Don't want to sound insulting but I presume that you have checked the fuses?

thank you once again for the advice. yes i did check the fuse on the switch and on the main fuseboard downstairs but nothing has tripped.

its a sealed unit so will need to get an electrician in to have a look.

If there is nothing on the display it is the PCB very common on that boiler there a sealed unit which causes a lot of heat issues

Reply to danfoss rx1 and ideal isar combi boiler in the Central Heating Systems area at ElectriciansForums.net