Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Dangerous Situations Report in the Electrical Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. Charlie_

Charlie_ Electrician's Arms

Anybody been issuing these?
    Opinions?

2. Top Cat

Top Cat Electrician's Arms

Yes, every time I come out of the toilet! :(

• Funny Funny x 10
  3. stantheman

stantheman Regular EF Member

....Then you need to change your litter more frequently.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

I have issued danger notices in the past. Usually as a temporary measure while other work is booked in, but sometimes when customers won't listen and ones posterior requires covering.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

6. Automation ATO

Automation ATO Active EF Member

Business Name:
    ATO Inc
    Every time I wash my face, I want to wash away the bubbles on my face, and I dare to look in the mirror.

7. Charlie_

I was looking through all the certificates on the napit site and noticed them..
    Didn’t know they existed and thought they might be useful

• Like Like x 2
  8. Andy78

Andy78 Respected Member

Seem to be quite useful for me. Just looked through my cert software and I've issued 14 of them in the last 3.5 years.

9. The Flyinhos

The Flyinhos EF Member

Hi Charlie, they can be a useful tool. Like all certification is more about covering you're own back. A test cert of any description is like an insurance policy if filled out correctly.
    If you have the need to fill out an Electrical Danger Notification you may also may need to isolate circuit ect. thus if the case an Electrical Isolation Certificate would be recommended to be attached especially if you are leaving the job.
    Also useful if doing a first fix on an existing installation eg a kitchen refit where other trades / people are involved (who think they are electrically trained and switch on the eg socket circuit to put the kettle on and end up electrocuting someone).
    I don't know of a certificate software that do one yet but I'm pushing for it. In the mean time I've produced a simple excel sheet which is set out similar to other well know certs. The basics follow similar to what I have filled out on some large site that I've worked on in the past.
    Please find attached.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  10. Charlie_

11. ChrisElectrical88

ChrisElectrical88 Forum Mentor

I am about to issue one for this. Not something i can rectify as its tamper proof, however ill be officially notifiying the client of the danger woth a danger notice.

IMG_20190416_130355.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. The Flyinhos

The Flyinhos EF Member

get in touch with the local DNO call 105 you will only need post code and property name/number, explain situe, ie exposed conductive parts. They may say to get in touch with the meter operator, if you have info then ok, if you don't then push for them to sort, they normally come out within the hour. from experience most DNOs throughout the UK are pretty good at this now. Don't leave for the customer to sort as they don't normally from experience. It is part of your duty of care, to ensure left safe or dealt with. If it goes pear shaped, it will be you being dragged through the courts. You are the "competent person" not the customer!!

• Like Like x 1
  13. The Flyinhos

The Flyinhos EF Member

• Like Like x 1
  14. ChrisElectrical88

Its a void property, the owner is the council. Standard procedure for them.

Last time i called the DNO on something like this, they told me the meter wasnt anything to do with them and to call the energy supplier, which noone knew who they were at the time.

15. ChrisElectrical88

• Like Like x 1