Discuss "decent" generic Fuse Board circuit labels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

How was the hoiday mad max ,i hope you put your feet up making out labels for cUs;) , i aways keep labels for old jobs and stick them on when reqired or write them with on the board perm fine maker pen.

only prob with ID with sharpie on sheath is if there's a lot of cables ans esp.if the sheaths only just come into the box, might not see the markings, once box is stuck on the wall.i prefer to ID each conductor.

only prob with ID with sharpie on sheath is if there's a lot of cables ans esp.if the sheaths only just come into the box, might not see the markings, once box is stuck on the wall.i prefer to ID each conductor.
This was my issue, and I do recognise it's unique to putting a shiny new CCU on some one else's "variable" wiring but the sheath was invariably just reaching into the case. Hence my sticky labels to ID the lives.

I suspect there is no prefect solution. I'm going with sharpie sheath (ooh err...) and the numbers on conductors as test and see how it goes. Like a lot of this job, it's thinking on your feet to solve the problem.

Heat shrink label.jpg
Brother label.jpg
Brother E550W label printer for me for labelling board and cables with their printable heat shrink

Last edited:
Even when you label them all, if the cable is old with hard outer sheathing the labels fall off, to help I usually take a photo with my phone to help identify the lone cable sitting in amongst the others, saved head scratching a number of times, other than that a set of coloured pens to mark each set individually, I have a lot of pens.

4/5mm coloured heatshrink makes old conductors as good as new. Then mark with a sharpie or I recently 'discovered' laundry pens very fine very permanent markers designed for writing kids names or their clothes and dose'nt come off in the wash.

Just picked up a Harger Two row CU and it has a transparent clip inside the door for documentation, they also have some free software to produce labels for their CU units called "Semiolog"

Reply to "decent" generic Fuse Board circuit labels in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net