Discuss DIRECT Earth Terminal in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net

G

Geordie Spark

I recently telephoned our DNO & asked if the property I'm working on is in a PME area.

They eventually wrote back to say QUOTE: "Further to your recent enquiry I must inform you that PME earthing cannot be provided from the local electricity network in the area at this time.

However I can confirm that a scheme for the provision of a DIRECT earth terminal at the above property has been raised (subject to confirmation on site).
UNQUOTE

The rest of the letter goes on to say they want £131.30 + VAT to carry out the work.

Can anyone here please tell me what is a DIRECT Earth Terminal?

(sorry if I'm being a bit thick here)

i reckon TT or at best a main earth bar on the cut out for your tt to terminate too lol...

NEDL are brilliant aint they!! :)

Thanks bonny lad :)

Yes, that's what I suspected it may be & in that case I think I'll be doing it myself.

This property is a 1920's hoose & the supply comes from next door on 2 bits of VIR which are struggling to be 6mm csa.

The cutout & meter are mounted on a board 3 FEET long by about 30 INCHES high !!!

There never has been an earth anywhere on the whole installation - unless you consider a bit of 6mm green/yellow from the csu earth bar to one central heating pipe under a bedroom floor to be one - & I was considering banging a spike in the front garden until one of our fellow members here suggested that we may be able to get it PMEd. Looks like I'm back to square one !!!

Yes ....... NEDL are brilliant ...... NOT !!!

tell me about NEDL!!! had more dealings with them in last 3 weeks than hot dinners recently!

i know this whole open market with companies is good for competition but bring bac the old style NEEB who maintained the Network down to the last full stop on ya bill!!

tell me about NEDL!!! had more dealings with them in last 3 weeks than hot dinners recently!

i know this whole open market with companies is good for competition but bring bac the old style NEEB who maintained the Network down to the last full stop on ya bill!!

I agree - it's the same on the gas side of things too - and we know who to blame for it all don't we?

It was the Grantham grocer's daughter who knew the price of everything & the value of nothing !!

Reply to DIRECT Earth Terminal in the Electricians' Talk area at ElectriciansForums.net