Discuss RCBO installtion in old MCU following EICR Report in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

As above can we move it to here, I'm not moving them all.

Attached images showing side by side a newer compact RCBO against the old MCBs in my current MCU. The new RCBOs are bigger in size dimensionally although some sides are same. The bigger size most likely would mean the front cover lid won't shut on existing MCU as there isn't much space in front. May have to find a front replacement lid from somewhere. Only problem is finding one which is 220mm in height which is proving to be challenging.

Attachments

• 240424e.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 240424d.jpg
    273.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 240424c.jpg
    297.4 KB · Views: 9
  • 240424b.jpg
    265.8 KB · Views: 9
  • 240424a.jpg
    277.4 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Just had it confirmed by Crabtree, yes replacement covers are available for flush fitted consumer units.

Crabtree do not sell any lids or replacement parts for consumer units from mid 90s or early 2000's. This was confirmed by Karen from Crabtree. They do not do any RCBOs either. I did mention that some have been able to do this but the advise given back is that its likely that those who have put compact RCBOs in very old units, are likely to have done other modications which Crabtree can not comment on.

Reply to RCBO installtion in old MCU following EICR Report in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Hi, I have a property that I was looking to rent out. Its 12 years old property so relatively new. I had a EICR done from a qualified electrican...
Replies
Views
Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views
I commissioned an EICR to be done on a property that is in Wales as this is now a requirement in order to let on any new tenancies after 1st...
Replies
Views
I have a doorbell I want to install. The issue is the 16v transformer is designed to sit on a DIN rail. I have a 10 way 17th edition BG Nexus...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Disclaimer: I'm not an electrician and have very basic knowledge of electrical installation. We've been putting in a new kitchen into an...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock