Discuss Domestic Condition report in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

In theory a let property is under supervision by a letting agent with tenants not allowed to go drilling or hammering things into the wall.
The only people allowed to be doing such things should be tradesmen and so should be skilled.
So as it stands I'd say its a no code situation.

Lol what have you been smoking !!

For me C3 all day long.

Rubbish, I wouldn't code it at all, there are millions of homes with wylex boards and no rcd protection at all across the country, telling all those house holders they should have rcd protection to their lighting circuits even if the installation is 25 years old and functioning correctly just because some idiots in suits sat around a table and invented another reg won't convince me, if you did an EICR on that property and tried to con the housholder into a new DB over it I would ask a judge to send you to prison lol.

There are some very knowlegable sparks posting in this thread so I won't win the argument, but thats my view.

How old is the install? if a 16th install then no code as it complied at the time it was installed.

Condition reports are based on current standards and regulations, if the bathroom is part of lighting circuit and has no supplementary bonding in the bathroom then it's a code 2

The point of an eicr is to assess the condition and safety of the electrical installation. To ensure its fit for purpose and continued use.
To also recommend improvements not enforce them. Id code it a C3 and inform the customer that it would be a good idea to install rcd protection but that its acceptable to leave as is
Tenants have a habit of doing all sorts of stuff in the let property's at least here in london and drilling a few holes to hang the pictures does not seem to bother many
Not every spark is trying to hard sell a fuseboard to customers but if we educate them on the choices and benefits then i have no problem with it
They want a safe installation
We need to build a solid reputation and keep work coming in to make money

ahe8eneq.jpg

From best practice guide

This code should be used to indicate that, whilst an observed deficiency is not considered to be a source of immediate or potential danger, improvement would contribute to a significant enhancement of the safety of the electrical installation.

This the reg number?

Cables that are concealed within the wall not run in an earthed wiring system and have no additional protection against nails; should be RCD protected. Reg 522.6.101 - 522.6.103 - Code 3

The defect cannot be given no code given that the guidance in the model forms states (apologies for the bold - it won't switch off!):

GUIDANCE FOR THE INSPECTOR
[FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]2. Older installations designed prior to BS 7671:2008 may not have been provided with RCDs for additional protection. The absence of such protection should as a minimum be given a code C3 classification (item 5.12). [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman][FONT=Times New Roman,Times New Roman]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]

Reply to Domestic Condition report in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net