• IMPORTANT: Please note that nobody on this forum should be seeking from or providing advice to those who are not competent and / or trained and qualified in their field (local laws permitting). There is a discussion thread on this global industry-wide matter HERE. This also has more information about the warning with regards to sharing electrical advice in some countries. By using this forum you do so in agreement to this.

Discuss Domestic sewage pump in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Welcome to ElectriciansForums.net - The American Electrical Advice Forum
Head straight to the main forums to chat by click here:   American Electrical Advice Forum

S

Sanke

Hi all
Was called the other day (as a plumber) as the customer was having a problem with his sewage pump

All waste water from his house is collected in a chamber buried in his drive then pumped into the main drains However, the pump had stopped working, I pumped out the chamber & lifted the pump out NO blockages etc After speaking to the initial supplier a new pump was purchased for me to fit I made connections between old wiring & new by crimping the connections However, the pump is still not working

My questions are 1) Bearing in mind that the connection has to be waterproof would you use an IP66 flex connector or crimp 2) How would you advise I check the pump switch on the control box 3) Anything else I can check ??

Thanks

Is there a float switch arrangment on this pump have you tested it's operation to make sure all is well???

Other than that start at supply end and test circuits all the way through to the pump.

Yes there is a float switch But the main pump switch has three positions off, auto & manual The pump does not operate on anything including manual

Yes there is a float switch But the main pump switch has three positions off, auto & manual The pump does not operate on anything including manual

Is the contactor energising when you put it into manual, if not coil could have burnt out.

Have you checked the overload has not tripped if fitted.

Last but not least there is power at the control panel isn't there.

Last edited:
Hi Ian
Yes power at board The system also has an alarm connected to a float When powered up & the float is raised the alarm sounds
The pump has a trip inside the control panel I have tried this several times & had no change
Not sure how to test the contactor or switch
What about connecting the flex crimp or flex connector ?

Steve

Reply to Domestic sewage pump in the Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back