Discuss door entry in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net

R

redface

hi all

right existing is door bell with camera on and there is a button inside to press and open latch on door.

now because its intown and drunks keep urinating on the bins they r putting a gate and fence round them the gate will have number key pad to enter and i have been asked to move door buzzer out to the gate.

now this has not been thaught about because if they press the buzzer they will unlock the house door but not the gate.

right its all 12v and what i want to know is if i wire the gate and door to the buzzer the will both open would? that work?

also they need time to get to house door from the gate so do the systems have i long time delay or there must be a central point where the power is changed so is it poss to run a seperate time dalay so 1 opens then the other opens 60 seconds later.

i ask this because the costomer wants me to run another supply to the gate entry system so to me there are 2 seperate systems so can i just get it all to work together.
so owner punches in number to get in gate then uses there key to get in house then if they gat a visitor just press putton to unlock gate and door.
there is also a camera on the buzzer so you would know who it is

help me or give me a good sight with wiring diagram that would show me the light thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
PM me with what you are wanting in terms of distance to gate and I will work out a wiring and circuit diagram for you, it would be wise to make it so that the door only unlocks after the gate is closed fully so that there is not a foot stuck in at the last second and a free for all, as I have seen this happen before, I have watched as a load of drunk students came back to a student halls of residence complete with bags of chips and curry, buzzed in with their swipe cards, then a chancer who had been hanging around at the front door onto the street for over 2 hours put his foot in to stop the door closing again and sashayed in...and I fired him back out head first (the students have a tendency to leave their room doors unlocked and laptops , Cash and mobile phones had been going every week for months) but the students dont think in that way when theyre full of drink...so get criminals hanging around student digs as seen as an easy target...
The door and the gate should really have a camera on each, the gate should be closed fully before the door is allowed to be opened from the OUTSIDE but should always be openable from the INSIDE and the door and gate should both unlock when the fire alarm goes off, there should be a backup battery system to prevent looting in the event of a power failure in the area.....and the outside gate should have a time delayed buzzer/alarm inside the building so that if it is wedged open for say, more than 3 minutes, an alarm beeps and somebody goes out and closes it.

An exit button should be 2 meters or as fas as possible away from the gate to prevent reacharound or poking with a stick (which I have seen before as well) and should have maybe a 10 second latching period so that you walk past it, push the green button, gate pops open, you go out, it closes on a spring and "clunk" it locks again....
A firemans lever can be put 2 or 3 meters up out of reach that they can get to and unlock the gate (as its like bars on a window almost) as I think that may be a legal requirement...in case the fire Alarm should fail for some reason and end up leaving the gate locked, and finally get 3 or 4 nice looking brass cloured "RECORDED CCTV IN OPERATION" signs put where they can be seen...

The gate is 6 m from door but there are 4 flats aswell I don't know how to pm you sorry and there is an existing system aswell to open front door I would live to chat and thanks mate

Reply to door entry in the Australia area at ElectriciansForums.net