Currently reading:
Double socket problems!!

Discuss Double socket problems!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

rennie158

DIY
Reaction score
I’m changing my double socket and upon removing the old one, I seem to have 3 separate wires coming in to it. So essentially I have 3 live wires, 3 neutral wires, and 3 earth wires. How do I connect the earth wires to the new socket as it only has 2 terminals? I’m fitting new chrome black sockets so want to be careful!!

The house of my first memory was in Highbury and had gas mantles 😎 we rented the ground floor off two old ladies that lived upstairs and we where allowed to use the bathroom once a month, our loo was outside with the mangle and my mother would wash my brother and I in the wood fired copper in the scullery which was our kitchen, my first school was Drayton Park, not far from Arsenal, this was in Melgand Road just up from the library in Holloway Road.

Last edited:
Just found this Datasheet

On page 3 it shows *H6242YST 2 x 2.5 Nominal stranding of conductor 7 / 0.67 & CPC 1 / 1.38 (1.5mm²)

So stranded 2.5 is still manufactured and the sheet also shows stranded 1.5

Last edited:
Just found this Datasheet

On page 3 it shows *H6242YST 2 x 2.5 Nominal stranding of conductor 7 / 0.67 & CPC 1 / 1.38 (1.5mm²)

So stranded 2.5 is still manufactured and the sheet also shows stranded 1.5
Interesting, has anyone seen it stocked though?

I can see some advantages to stranded 2.5mm as more flexible so easier for pulling though conduit, etc, but that is not really done often.

Reply to Double socket problems!! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

YOUR Unread Posts

This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by untold.media Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock