Posting a message to the forum will remove the above advertisement
  1. angel While you're here, would you mind checking out our Electrician's Insurance section to see if we could save you a few quid? - Specifically our Van Insurance Deals and Public Liability Insurance Deals. Thanks for supporting the forum! angel

5% Discount from Electrical2Go.co.uk for ALL members! - Click Here

Discuss Dual control lights from a switch. in the Lighting Forum area at ElectrciansForums.co.uk.

Please make sure you checkout our forum sponsors, many do discounts for members and, they keep the forum free to use.
  1. leematthews

leematthews Active EF Member

Evening all, been asked to price up a rewire and part of the lighting required is downlighters that can change between warm white and daylight. The client mentioned he would like it controlled from a switch rather than a remote. Never used a fitting like this before and do not know a great deal about them. Does anyone have any pointers? before i speak to the wholesalers on monday.
    Cheers

2. MDJ

MDJ Trusted Advisor

No not really, it would definately be programmable lights, best to speak to your wholesaler, it may well be an easy install, but without knowing what kit is going in, it is pointless trying to guess fella.

3. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

I would question whether the average wholesaler who know ....

4. leematthews

Thanks MDJ I will be going down monday so will ask. Just wondered if anyone had any recommendations.

• Like Like x 1
  5. MDJ

MDJ Trusted Advisor

They would ask the question to a lighting rep I think Clive, certainely an unusual situation, sounds like LED programmables would have to be considered.

6. leematthews

Same here, just having a look online to try to find some info.

7. leematthews

Thats what i thought, another spark who has been to quote put the idea in the clients head. Imo i dont think its needed but hey ho.

8. MDJ

MDJ Trusted Advisor

Good luck Lee in any case, can you let us know what the out come was? even if it is a fortnight until you come back on? cheers fella.

9. Murdoch

Murdoch Electrician's Arms

I think you need to approach one of the older traditional wholesalers ..... Not the snowflake internet pile them high type outlets ..

10. leematthews

Yeah will do. Fortnight, is that because of the time wholesalers take or my appearance online

11. MDJ

MDJ Trusted Advisor

My appearance on line, I check in for a few mins every day and do not read every post.

12. leematthews

Cant say i use that type, just browse the internet inbetween slurps of whiskey. Use yesss and cef round my way, limited to a few.

13. leematthews

Same here, joys of work and kids running around.

14. MDJ

MDJ Trusted Advisor

Kids? been there done it, wouldn't want another lol

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Matthewd29

Matthewd29 Regular EF Member

Yesss sell Luxna lights at the minute that rotate colour if you switch the switch twice in quick succession

• Informative Informative x 1