Discuss EICR audits _________ in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net

I suppose pendants are under the category "placed out of reach".... at least for your average 5 foot tall grandma.

An exclusion in the regs just now, but imagine the sales for the manufacturers if it became a regulation.

Keep going on about pendants and there will be an amendment to 18th edition - We'll have to start fitting something needing a screwdriver to get the rose cover off and some special lampholder that has contacts you cant touch.

BC and ES lamps will end up being banned
416.2.4 NOTE read it, explains the omission of
BS 67 CEILING ROSES
BS EN 60669 CORD SWITCHES
BS EN 61184 BC Lampholders
and BS EN 60238 ES lampholders
To which this regulation does not apply

Let us not forget that the people who dreamed up this lot in the original design of things heartily recommended fuses on the Line and Neutral. Ever since I encountered these and knew who commanded it to be I thought mhmmm, I must really watch what these people say and check if it makes sense.

Is there a little badge somewhere to tag my earlier posts as "ironic"?

My point was that, yes, ceiling roses and BC/ES lampholders are exempt at the moment, but someday they may be superceded by a product that doesn't need to be exempt and is safe by design.

Oh... there we go again.... its a lamp-holder, not a bulb-holder

florence nightingale had a lamp. it didn't have a bulb though.it had a wick.

Agreed. But you are ussuming they have been switched off.
I never Assume anything :) , I was just saying that some DBs and CUs do not all have exposed bus bars , anyway that's beside the point the enclosure still has to be to the correct IP ratting, so blanks will be required if there is a live bus bar or not

anyway that's beside the point the enclosure still has to be to the correct IP ratting, so blanks will be required if there is a live bus bar or not

But this is also besides the point, as the CU's did have blanks. They were just plastic..

Sorry yes forgot how this thread started. , So in answer to that I would not code plastic blanks, unless they were loose and fell out easily , as I said before you normally need a screw driver to prize them out , If its a new amendment 3 board the front flat is the fire barrier , so no need for metal blanks .

Reply to EICR audits _________ in the Electrical Wiring, Theories and Regulations area at ElectriciansForums.net