Discuss EICR for support request and advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

I counted 5 or 6 different makes of mcb in the board looks like a diy job as for coding the missing bus bar you have to ask yourself is it an immediate danger, a pertential danger or just require improvement

@buzzlightyear
Yes that was me introducing confusion to the situation! I was at that one for an eicr and found the db pictures, I wondered why most of the top row had been replaced with rcbos but the lighting hadn't until I started testing and discovered n-e fault and that two of the circuits were linked together. Just another pic of poor installation we see all too often.

I counted 5 or 6 different makes of mcb in the board looks like a diy job as for coding the missing bus bar you have to ask yourself is it an immediate danger, a pertential danger or just require improvement
I think the install used to buy them from bootfare.
With the council, that have to be changed immediately to match one manufacturer. Does mixed mcb have a code and why?

With an EICR, the object is to report ................ so code the EICR, submit with invoice and walk away ...................
Probably the best advice especially if the customer isn't interested...looking at it I wouldn't be surprised if the customer did the installation themself. You can't even start any work there without a mandate to do everything necessary to make it safe.There's too many problems with that board to go through them all one by one so I'm going to close this thread.

Reply to EICR for support request and advice in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

Similar Threads

Trying to organise a CU replacement at home. It's a 1930s property. It's got a 10way CU but with no RCD protection. Was after a larger unit with...
Replies
Views
I'm planning a replacement for my existing domestic CU and would like to have it sanity checked before I get an electrician involved. The main...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I am looking for some advice regarding old rewireable (3036) fuse boards in regards to additions and alterations. I am an electrician and...
Replies
Views
Hi guys I was recently ask by a customer if/how his house could be supplied by his electric car. He wants to charge the car at night on low rate...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, just learning a bit more about writing up EICRs. I have a situation where I have a 3 phase board with a sub main going to a small...
Replies
Views

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Electrician Courses Green Electrical Goods PCB Way Electrical Goods - Electrical Tools - Brand Names Pushfit Wire Connectors Electric Underfloor Heating Electrician Courses
These Official Forum Sponsors May Provide Discounts to Regular Forum Members - If you would like to sponsor us then CLICK HERE and post a thread with who you are, and we'll send you some stats etc

Electrical Forum

Welcome to the Electrical Forum at ElectriciansForums.net. The friendliest electrical forum online. General electrical questions and answers can be found in the electrical forum.
This website was designed, optimised and is hosted by Untold Media. Operating under the name Untold Media since 2001.
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock