Discuss EICR tick sheet other methods of protection in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net

It is very tenuous and unclear as I don't deem any part of the insulation or sheath as reinforced. The Reg considers the insulation, not the sheath as I read it is at least the equivalent to the requirements of reinforced insulation. I actually find that difficult to believe.

The Ref is referencing cables that are DI not RI.

Thanks for all the responses. I've always believed the section on other methods of protection was referring to the installation as a whole and not just an individual circuit or circuits. I've read through the relevent sections in the regs book but the wording of it isn't always the easiest thing to get your head round

I tend to consider that it would only be applicable for a situation where that method of protection is the sole means of providing basic and fault protection. Because ADS is so prevalent this is likely to be in place and so the other method will not be the sole means and so ADS will apply.

As far as I am aware, this tick box has only been for EICs since the 17th 1st amendment?
It has been slightly altered for the 18th, in an attempt to clarify this particular issue.

Anyway, to answer the OP, yes other methods of protection should be ticked, if they are in use.

Meter tails have reinforced insulation, which satisfies the requirements for double insulation.
T&E does not, as the live conductors only have a single layer of insulation between them and the CPC.

Reply to EICR tick sheet other methods of protection in the Periodic Inspection Reporting & Certification area at ElectriciansForums.net