Discuss electric line shows 100 volts instead of 122volts PLEASE HELP ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net

A

alfedo

Hello everyone,
one of the electric lines in my house suddenly began losing power, it shows only 100 volts instead of 122 like in other lines, as a result I can't use it and it's one of the main lines in my house. Can someone please give me an advise what I should do to fix it?
How can I find what causing power loss? I greatly appreciate any help
thank you in advance
Al

Hi Alfredo, 99% of us here on this forum are UK based, but the principles remain the same so I'm sure we can give you some pointers.

So, are you saying that from most of the outlets in your house you've got 110+, but on certain other outlets in the same building they are much lower? Fed from the same switch board but on different circuits?

Lost neutral or earth?

Either that or I was thinking an appliance gone faulty and dragging the line down (water heater or something else chunky)

Assuming of course that it's not a 3ph install!

yes that's correct, and this (faulty) line was fine until a few days ago, I have tv connected to that outlet and also wall light went off along with tv so I guess they all feed from the same line

Have you done any work around the house? Drilled anything into the walls or like that?

Are there two or three lines plus neutral to your house? If outlets fed off one of the other lines are OK it’s unlikely to be a neutral fault. are you getting the same problems with 240V outlets?
Sorry for the questions but fault finding over the net isn’t the easiest.

Reply to electric line shows 100 volts instead of 122volts PLEASE HELP ! in the UK Electrical Forum area at ElectriciansForums.net